Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Wave
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

the HP Pavillion Wave does ship either with no GPU, the R9 M380 or R9 M470 (both seem like identical performance wise).
Last 2 being like graphic cards for mobiles/notebooks.
Here the info from partsurfer.
Graphics - Lyon-GPU,AMD R16A 45W

853904-001 // 848946-001

As most videos about Wave's upgrade/disassembly on youtube show, those can be replaced, even its bit more tricky as on other workstations.

What would be the newest/best compatible GPU, we know the form factor and that above ones require 45W.
Are there any compatible graphic cards  or so with like <40W usage, same form factor and connection type but just newer, better and may more VRAM? Cooling would be done via same cooler, so less W and so less temps would be even better.
This is not about gaming, but more about video editing and compatibility.
Would be very interested.
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

sorry, can you give the exact model of the computer

i have this

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/product/hp-pavilion-wave-600-a100-desktop-pc-series/13823518/model/1529...

AMD Radeon R9 m470

• Type : Carte graphique dédiée
  • Conception : MSHybrid

Caractéristiques de la carte mère Lyon-K.

it seems quite special
I don't know if this will be possible$

[edit]

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-wave-600-a100-desktop-pc-series/13823518/document/c...

I consulted some models here, and it seems that no better is proposed

[edit]

there is the a300 series
but I can't find an example

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-wave-600-a300-desktop-pc-series/17142209

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6K_vU9SmXY

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

yes this mainboard and layout are special, but the GPU may not, im not that much into mobile GPUs.
In regards to exact model, there seem to be regional differences.
Lets say I either do have one of those:
600-A002NG
600-A100NG

600-a103NF

The a0xx series has Lyon, the A1xx Lyon-K.
If there is a real difference, cant tell. At first look its just for CPU support, but well even that doesnt have to mean something since its basically same chipset and 7th gen CPU could may run on the 6th gen version, if bios allows it.

From my point of view, i think the A300 never made it into europe market.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I was just talking about the graphics card
whether it is the Lyon motherboard, or Lyon K
we will find the same GPU models

HP Pavilion Wave - 600-a103nf

Lyon-K motherboard specifications.

AMD Radeon R9 m470

• Type: Discrete GPU
  • Design: MSHybrid
  • Memory: 2 GB GDDR5
  • Max power consumption: 45 W
  • Display connectors: HDMI, DisplayPort

External 180 W PSU

HP Pavilion Wave Desktop - 600-a002ng PC Product Specifications 

Lyon motherboard specifications.

AMD Radeon R9 m470

• Type: Discrete GPU
  • Design: MSHybrid
  • Memory: 2 GB GDDR5
  • Max power consumption: 45 W
  • Display connectors: HDMI, DisplayPort

External 180 W PSU

after several minutes of research, I did not find any example, with other GPUs used, more efficient / recent
If you find an equivalent model, I cannot certify that it will work..
it's up to you, either you try the original graphics card, or you try the experiment

from what I saw, it seems that the graphics card part, and cooling, is sold separately

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.