Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Wireless Keyboard 600

I recently bought a wireless keyboard to go with my Spectre x360 laptop after the laptop keyboard stopped working so well (spacebar not pressing etc.). I'm very happy with it, except I take it with me a lot and due to it being quite long it doesn't really fit in any bags, and because the keys come off quite easily, I've lost some before. Now, however, I have lost my F11 key while travelling and it hasn't turned up anymore.

I figured I'd just order a replacement key somewhere, but I can only seem to find replacements for laptop/desktop keys, not for this specific wireless keyboard. Can anybody tell me where I can get a replacement (in Europe) or what type of key and hinge this is? Maybe there is a laptop that uses the same keys/hinges?

2020-07-25 18.03.14.jpg2020-07-25 18.03.28.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ineram

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

You will not be able to get the Key separately. You need to replace the Keyboard

You can contact  HP Support in your Region

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yeah, I'm not going to be replacing a 60 EUR keyboard brand new keyboard because one key I rarely use went missing. Not very environmentally friendly, either. It's perfectly possible to order replacement keys for nearly every HP product out there, why can't I get one for this specific keyboard?

HP Recommended

@ineram,

An individual specific key for an individual keyboard?  Not possible.  Buy the same keyboard, and next time pack it a "self-made ziplock bag.  The old keyboard will become your "key warehouse".

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

There's plenty of websites that sell individual keys for individual keyboards, you can select the make and model of your device, the key that's missing and the type of hinge you need and have it sent to you for 3-5€. You can also order full replacement sets with just the letters or just the symbol keys etc. It's just that they don't seem to have any wireless keyboards listed, only desktop/laptop.

But they do have hundreds if not thousands of models listed, and some look very similar to this one, it's just that the specific lay-out is different, so the F11 key on those doesn't have the same symbol on it as mine, because F11 on most similar laptops seems to be the "fast forward" key, where as on my keyboard I think it was "networks" (if I press the plastic dud where the key used to be, the networks screen pops up). And I'm not sure which of the key models would be a fit for mine, if any (although some of the Pavilion 17 keys and hinges look extremely similar to mine).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.