Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4RS14EA#ABT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am sorry for the trouble !
I have a desktop computer HP Pavilion 690-0000nj Gaming Desltop.
1. Do I need HP Event System Utilities for my Desktop computer HP Pavilion 690-0000nj Gaming Desltop?
2. Can I uninstall the HP System Event Utility program from my computer?
3. What are the functions of the HP System Event Utility program?
4, How can I  launch the HP System Event Utility program?

5.When we use the update, restore functions in the HP System Event  Utility?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Best Regards, Grigoriy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

1. None that I can think of.

2. Yes

HP creates system images used across many different platforms, and sometimes some of the software you find is not applicable to your specific model PC.

For example I have an HP 350 G1 notebook and it had the HP Simplepass fingerprint scanner software installed so that a user could log on using a fingerprint instead of typing a password.

That's fine except that my notebook did not have the fingerprint scanner hardware, so the software was useless to me, and I uninstalled it the first day I got the notebook.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You don't need it for a desktop PC.

That program allows you to work the Function keys on certain model notebook PC's.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your letter!

This program  HP System Event Utility was installed when I bought a computer.

1.What benefit can the program bring to my Desktop computer?

2.Can I uninstall this program?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

1. None that I can think of.

2. Yes

HP creates system images used across many different platforms, and sometimes some of the software you find is not applicable to your specific model PC.

For example I have an HP 350 G1 notebook and it had the HP Simplepass fingerprint scanner software installed so that a user could log on using a fingerprint instead of typing a password.

That's fine except that my notebook did not have the fingerprint scanner hardware, so the software was useless to me, and I uninstalled it the first day I got the notebook.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

BEST REGARDS. Grigoriy.

HP Recommended

Anytime, Grigoriy.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your letter !!!

Thank you for your HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

Can you explain what program functions and which programs can be painlessly installed?

I bought a desktop computer and the following programs were already installed there:

1,HP Audio Switch

2.HP Connection Optimizer

3.HP ePrint SW

4.HP Start Bridge

5.HP Start Launch

6.HP Support Assistant 

7.HP Support Solution Framework

8.Energy Star

9.Bonjour

What do you think, what programs can I uninstall and why ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know what 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9 do.

The support assistant software will notify you of driver updates and you can do some routine maintenance checks with it.

The support solution framework is necessary for the support assistant to install and operate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.