Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion h8-1141it HPE
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

During my attempt to fix my USB 3.0 drivers (And I also did some Windows Update), I noticed that the volume control on my Hp Keyboard stopped working.

I tried many steps that I found here and on others websites but none of them resolved the issue.

In depth I tried:

Update Driver: there is not any new driver

Unistall and Reinstall: Keyboard in Control Panel > Device Manager > Keyboards (Uninstall and Scan for changes but it reinstall the same)

I'm pretty sure it's a Driver issue but can't find the way to find and install the Original factory drivers, because apart the MUTE & VOLUME DOWN & UP all others seems to work fine.

Forgot to mention that my keyboard model is: 5524A-KG1061 (original one that came along HP Pavilion h8-1141it HPE)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

hi

if you still have windows 7
try  the audio driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1100-desktop-pc-series...

if you have windows 10 try:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

it is for windows 8 but also try:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1100-desktop-pc-series...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Installed from logged as an administrator but didn't resolved 😞

HP Recommended

So windows 7 or windows 10?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I've included this info under the title, anyway I'm on Windows 7 64-bit

HP Recommended

Sometimes it is stated and incorrect, just like the computer model
in doubt we have to ask
audio driver and osd driver both installed at least, no error message, computer restarted?

see as shown here if there is a program in the startup list

OSD
HWManager.exe
Controls the on-screen display when adjusting audio volume and LCD panel brightness level. This program cannot be disabled, but it can be uninstalled.

if nothing to do try recovery manager

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c0 Using HP Recovery Manager to restore software and drivers in Windows 101853753

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Obviosly I restarted more than 30 times during this last week.

I do not see hwmanager.exe anywhere in the msconfig search and a search of Windows turns up nothing.

I followed your advice looking in Recovery Mananger (even if the link doesn't redirect correctly). In there, I've reinstalled both "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" and "Keyboard OSD for Caps/Num/Scroll lock" then reboot but nothing resolved. Caps/Num/Scroll works fine but no Volume Control

HP Recommended

i was just wondering if restarted after install !!
what you say corresponds well to what is explained here?

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05046875

what we have not tried is the graphics driver, for the bios, it seems a bit extreme to me ..
report, risk / problem I do not know if it is good to try

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yeah, after every install i restared.

About the Bios I've already updated it some year ago to the last one available: 7.12

About the graphics driver I've tried:

Original NVIDIA Unified Graphics Driver (sp54150.exe) and
Original Intel Graphics Driver (sp54418.exe) but both returned this error:

Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled (9999).

HP Recommended

if your computer is original you should have an nvidia graphic card
now if you are missing  something, I cannot know all that you may have deleted ..

the error is not referenced here

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c01728725
Try to reinstall all the original drivers / app  from the recovery

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.