Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z42'
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello im going to get a new power supply for my z420 workstation and i have a doubt:

searching on google ive seen for sale power supply units with 2 different labels the first with the 80 plus BRONZE logo and the another without the logo, the model for both is DPS 600UB A, in the hp z420 spare part page the power suply part number is 632911-001 and the description is  "Power supply - Rated at 600 W, 90% efficient rating", so:

1.- is the power supply unit without the 80 plus label  better than the power supply with 80 plus bronze certification (90% efficiency is more than the 80% efficiency  of the 80 plus bronze certification)? correct me if im wrong.

1.PNG2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Efficiency of psu depend on the workload. The 80 Plus Bronze rating means that the PSU is rated for at least 82% efficiency at 20% load, 85% at 50% load, and 82% at 100% load.

While the one with 90% efficiency may work with that at full workload and at lower workloads may not even give you 80% efficiency. I hope you get that:-)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Efficiency of psu depend on the workload. The 80 Plus Bronze rating means that the PSU is rated for at least 82% efficiency at 20% load, 85% at 50% load, and 82% at 100% load.

While the one with 90% efficiency may work with that at full workload and at lower workloads may not even give you 80% efficiency. I hope you get that:-)

HP Recommended

thanks! so ill go with the 80 plus bronze power supply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.