Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, using HP Z420 motherboard. I have another one exactly like it, both experience same issue. I'm using an Intel Xeon E5 2650 v2 processor. Everything appears to be connected correctly. I purchased an original Z420 on/off switch. I built several of these machines using this motherboard and several varieties of E5 26XX processor including one with a E52690 processor. I'm using workstation DDR3, 1600 RAM, 16 GB located in slot 1 and 2 as HP recommends. I have tried several different graphics cards with HDMI & DVI slots. I'm using an HP Z420 600 W PSU. Screen does not respond. No warnings, no F1 prompts, no BIOS, nothing. I'm using a 256 GB SSD properly connected. I have fans in every system connector and in the CPU connector. Still get nothing. Same issue with both boards. All standard procedures have been followed. It's not in its original Z420 case but that has never been an issue before. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Think I may have solved the problem on my own. Apparently there are two versions of the HP z420 system board, model PN 619557-001 and model PN: 708615-001. The first won’t support xeon E5 26XX Version 2 processors, only version 1. Looks like I’m going to have to send the system board back and get the newer PN: 708615-001 that supports V2 xeon processors. Not sure how to identify the model by looking at the system board. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Think I may have solved the problem on my own. Apparently there are two versions of the HP z420 system board, model PN 619557-001 and model PN: 708615-001. The first won’t support xeon E5 26XX Version 2 processors, only version 1. Looks like I’m going to have to send the system board back and get the newer PN: 708615-001 that supports V2 xeon processors. Not sure how to identify the model by looking at the system board. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.