Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 6300 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Wrong hardware listed. I have a 6300 MT not an 8000 Elite SFF. Maybe this is why the BIOS update will not load?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The two I mentioned are listed...

v02.99 Rev.A

16.1 MB

Oct 19, 2015

and 3.06

00.03.06 Rev.A (I wrote 3.0x because there are a few other older 3.0x updates, if you look at the revision history link).

17.5 MB

Feb 22, 2018

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-compaq-pro-6300-microtower-pc/5232874/...

5.03 is not a BIOS update.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The easiest and best way to confirm what model your PC is, would be to go into the BIOS and verify the model number on the system information screen.

That screen should give you the model number, product number, and BIOS revision number.

Also with the 8300 Elite and 6300 Pro PCs, you have to first update the BIOS to v2.99 before updating to v3.0x.

HP Recommended

Is there a way to attach a  PDF from W-7 showing that it knows what PC Hardware I have?

W-7 displays the correct hardware.

I just do not know how to do an attachment of what I saved to show you.

It's like the HP Assistant thinks my current PC is my former PC and will not update the Assistant's data on it.

If I could delete the former PC's definition and have HP re-scan my new one I could solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you put the hard drive from the 8000 Elite you had into the 6300 Pro?

That would be the only reason I can think of as to why the HPSA still thinks you have an 8000 Elite.

That info is buried in the Windows registry.

Even if I knew how to attach a PDF file to a post (you should just be able to attach it using the attachments link at the bottom of your post), I wouldn't know how to delete the info the HP support assistant is seeing.

In any event, if you are trying to update the BIOS, and you have a 6300 MT, then go to the support page for the 6300 MT and update the BIOS first to 2.99 if you are not there already and then to 3.0x.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Compaq-Pro-6300-Microtower-PC/5232874

HP Recommended

Paul,

My 6300 is at: K01-V02.05, 5/7/2012

The upgrade site lists:

The two you mentioned are not listed?

The upgrade site lists these five:

5.03 Rev.B

0.4 MB

Jun 5, 2014

2.90 Rev. A

17.4 MB

Aug 19, 2013

2.57 Rev. A

11.2 MB

Jan 3, 2013

00.03.06 Rev.A

17.5 MB

Feb 22, 2018

v02.99 Rev.A

16.1 MB

Oct 19, 2015

HP Recommended

Hi:

The two I mentioned are listed...

v02.99 Rev.A

16.1 MB

Oct 19, 2015

and 3.06

00.03.06 Rev.A (I wrote 3.0x because there are a few other older 3.0x updates, if you look at the revision history link).

17.5 MB

Feb 22, 2018

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-compaq-pro-6300-microtower-pc/5232874/...

5.03 is not a BIOS update.

HP Recommended

Paul,

I followed your instructions and they worked perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Mike Lynch

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Mike.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.