Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion desktop PC from an authorized HP reseller. The warranty status lists this machine as expired. I tried to submit proof of purchase but the warranty dispute form does not work. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one experiencing website issues with this and I want the warranty status updated. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update: I've been contacted by @TrinitySoMe with HP regarding the issue. Submitted requested information and awaiting reply.

Update 2: I provided my receipt from 11/2018. HP Support advised that the computer was over a year old at time of purchase and as such, the warranty status would have to be disputed with the HP Authorized reseller. This is in clear contradiction to HP's own website which states "The legal warranty expiration date is based on the date of purchase, as indicated on your receipt." The reseller apologized for the mistake and is looking into correcting the erroneous warranty information. This is the very reason that a warranty dispute form exists -- unfortunately it does not work. That's why we're here.

Update 3: On a whim, I tried submitting the warranty dispute form again just now. When attaching the proof of purchase earlier I'd used a .PDF document but this time I tried a .PNG image file and the form submitted without error. I've received email confirmation and a case number. If it results in the warranty being updated I'll mark this as solved. Meanwhile, HP Support contacted me again via private message requesting the same information I provided to them previously -- utterly unhelpful.

TLDR: If the warranty dispute form doesn't work, try attaching proof of purchase in some other format besides .PDF

@Jonm488

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

We are not hp support, this is a user to user forum

you need to talk to a HP customer service rep (not us) if you are in the us try,  1 (650) 857-1501

or the web based support link

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

HP Recommended

@DGroves wrote:

We are not hp support, this is a user to user forum

you need to talk to a HP customer service rep (not us) if you are in the us try,  1 (650) 857-1501

or the web based support link

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

Thank you for your reply, DGroves. I only posted here at the instruction of a forum moderator so that he can forward my problem to the appropriate internal team at HP.

HP Recommended

@Armbristercomp

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks, @Rick-s I appreciate it. I'll be looking for that PM.

HP Recommended

@Rick-s as of yet I haven't received any kind of reply from HP.

I've also submitted the error through the website feedback form and contacted support via Twitter.

Updating to document and inform others.

HP Recommended

Update: I've been contacted by @TrinitySoMe with HP regarding the issue. Submitted requested information and awaiting reply.

Update 2: I provided my receipt from 11/2018. HP Support advised that the computer was over a year old at time of purchase and as such, the warranty status would have to be disputed with the HP Authorized reseller. This is in clear contradiction to HP's own website which states "The legal warranty expiration date is based on the date of purchase, as indicated on your receipt." The reseller apologized for the mistake and is looking into correcting the erroneous warranty information. This is the very reason that a warranty dispute form exists -- unfortunately it does not work. That's why we're here.

Update 3: On a whim, I tried submitting the warranty dispute form again just now. When attaching the proof of purchase earlier I'd used a .PDF document but this time I tried a .PNG image file and the form submitted without error. I've received email confirmation and a case number. If it results in the warranty being updated I'll mark this as solved. Meanwhile, HP Support contacted me again via private message requesting the same information I provided to them previously -- utterly unhelpful.

TLDR: If the warranty dispute form doesn't work, try attaching proof of purchase in some other format besides .PDF

@Jonm488

HP Recommended

After successful warranty dispute form submission I was contacted by HP Customer Service and informed that the proof of purchase had been received & the warranty status verfied/records updated. I'm waiting to see that reflected on the website before marking this one as solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.