Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 880-160
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here in Maine, we have a longer warranty but HP will not honor it. I have owned the computer under 2 years, and in Maine it is covered for 4 years. When speaking with the foreign lady on the phone she had no idea what I was talking about, despite HP mentioning in their warranty that you may have different rights depending on where you live. How do I get them to take care of this? Is there a way to speak to someone in the U.S.? I hate to have to contact the attorney generals office, but Maine doesn’t take this lightly.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Thorlovesyou 

For those reading:

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

HP takes warranty issues very seriously and maintains an entire legal department dedicated to all things "Warranty".

Our Community is not authorized to translate, address, execute, or dispute any warranty document, claim, or statement.

I will forward a request that someone look at your post.

Should there be any response, you will see it here before any HP agent or moderator contacts you using other means.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

OR

Matching products for United States (7)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for forwarding. I read over that warranty link already. It’s nice to hear they take warranties so seriously, I did not get that impression from the women I spoke with. I look forward to speaking with someone. https://www.maine.gov/ag/consumer/law_guide_article.shtml?id=27922

HP Recommended

@Thorlovesyou 

You are welcome.

What "we" say and what it means...

Our Community has no influence over any service process. 

Our Community is staffed by volunteers - we speak for ourselves only.

My statements are based only on observation and personal experience.

Our Experts never disparage the hard working people at HP - doing so provides no point of benefit.

No joy?

Know that you can certainly throw our community (or me personally) under-the-bus metaphorically. 

We do ask that when / if doing so that you follow our Rules of Participation.  Smiling.

My caution is perhaps well founded:  Our Community has oft been recognised as someone we are not. 

I do hope things work out.

Final note:

We are not fully staffed, particularly on the weekends.   

Patience is helpful in these instances.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Thorlovesyou

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.