Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1109
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, so I bought this RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz and I wanted to know how do I set RAM at full speed in BIOS.

Right now, my ram is running at 2133 MHz, I want to make it run at 3200 MHz but there's no option in the bios

tommqc_0-1636307221310.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Possibly no way to set the speed.  

Your system  normally comes  with 12gb:  a 4 and and 8 and both rated at DDR4-2666

What speed was it running at then the original chips were in?  2133 or 2666?

Possibly resetting your CMOS will make the motherboard take a new look at things and if lucky you might get 2666

You might want to make a note of the settings in the bios in case something goes wrong when resetting ;<)

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi, @tommqc 

Unfortunately, I do not believe that you will be able to do anything to resolve the problem other than buying the exact same memory module that came with your PC, and most likely it would cost a fortune.

This is a known issue with HP gaming PC's because you cannot change the memory XMP profile in the BIOS.

You can see this discussion, and if you want to search for more, there are several to be found.

Seriously HP, why?!? Its a simple memory upgrade. - HP Support Community - 7722210

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi, @tommqc 

You can see this discussion, and if you want to search for more, there are several to be found.

Seriously HP, why?!? Its a simple memory upgrade. - HP Support Community - 7722210

Interesting.  I also read here that "Ryzen Master" could set the memory speed.  

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

It works for AMD users wich im not

HP Recommended

hi

according to the product page, motherboard the max would be (  and sometimes that is not good either )

• Dual channel memory architecture (One DIMM per channel)
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-23400 (DDR4-2933)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit systems

Some users had given workarounds, which more or less worked
But it remains risky, and did not work with everyone
Currently the only solution at hp is for the OC model ( other MB )

Solved: Re: Overclocking RAM in the BIOS - HP Support Community - 8166347

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.