Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy h8-1417c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.   My CPU fan FoxConn PVA080G12Q-P15-AE is going out for my HP Envy h8-1417c.    ( PVA080G12Q-P15-AE 12V 0.65A )
I need to replace it right away.    I verified that the fan has been discontinued by HP.    

I have not been able to find the exact fan in the USA and really cannot wait 2-5 weeks for one to be shipped from China.  

Does anybody have any tips on how to choose a similar FoxConn CPU fan or a different manufacturer's fan that I can easily use for a replacement?   

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you!
Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

look at the given link it is for the model, so no incompatibility normally (hp link if that's the question)
however it seems to me that the fan is rarely alone, but read everything carefully, I may have missed it
95 w this corresponds to a single processor here
Intel Core i7-2xxx (Sandy Bridge) Quad Core 95 W
I hadn't paid attention, I don't know if it' s  important

I don't think I can guide you in finding the fan alone, but yes, look at all the characteristics, and buy a strictly identical one, it is preferable I think

just one last thing
still try a recognized brand, even if it is a little more expensive
A sub-brand, poor quality, poor cooling, risk of noise, etc., consider the comments if there are any for the model found!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-h8-1400-desktop-pc-series/5295996/model/5296866/documen...
you have searched with the reference hp?

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=H3Z18AA
check, because if it is this, I have an answer with amazon.fr

644724-001

https://www.amazon.fr/Ventirad-Processeur-HP-644724-001-Heatsink/dp/B0797Y11JV

it is therefore possible to find elsewhere

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the response.   Yes.  That is my computer.

I was hoping not to replace the heatsink but to replace only the fan on top (as I do not have a lot of money at the moment).   
I was not able to find that on the United States Amazon site.

Question:  If I am to get this (link), could I just remove and replace the fan?  It seems like I might:
https://www.amazon.com/QUETTERLEE-Replacement-Compatible-644724-001-Heatsink/dp/B07KVX9C4M/

If not:
I know that the fan must be 4-pin and the same size (ex mm).   I have found many fans that are the same size, however:

1.  I am not sure whether I need to make sure that it is 0.65A or if slightly different amps are acceptable.

2.  I am not sure how to determine if the RPM matches what I need.

3.  When you found the fan/heatsink you linked to (thanks), how did you know that it is compatible?  The only thing I saw was that it was 95w.

Thanks again.  I appreciate any and all advice.   Hopefully, I can find the perfect fan.

HP Recommended

look at the given link it is for the model, so no incompatibility normally (hp link if that's the question)
however it seems to me that the fan is rarely alone, but read everything carefully, I may have missed it
95 w this corresponds to a single processor here
Intel Core i7-2xxx (Sandy Bridge) Quad Core 95 W
I hadn't paid attention, I don't know if it' s  important

I don't think I can guide you in finding the fan alone, but yes, look at all the characteristics, and buy a strictly identical one, it is preferable I think

just one last thing
still try a recognized brand, even if it is a little more expensive
A sub-brand, poor quality, poor cooling, risk of noise, etc., consider the comments if there are any for the model found!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks so much.   I believe that I will confirm the size (mm) of the item that I linked to and then order it.   Hopefully, it will be perfect.   It seems like it is.

Thank you! 😁

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.