Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Wireless Keyborad sk-2063
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do I pair SK-2063 to the computer?  

I have the keyboard but there is no on/off switch.  

Do I need some special dongle?  I tried connecting with Logitech Unifying USB dongle - it does not see it,  

Anyone knows how to connect this to the computer?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@newbie123321 It'll be an honor to help close this loop for you:

1. When I look up "SK-2063", all i get is this on the search list: HP Wireless Elite Desktop Keyboard and Mouse (probably a code name for the same device, unless you have a product name/number)
  2. I had a dog and his name was - "BINGO" that's exactly what I meant, unfortunately, you'll need to get the combo, for this to work.

Certain HP recliner all-in-one desktop PCs go with a USB receiver inbuilt or hidden inside the side of the PC, if you don't have that particular model and this is something you've purchased on your own, and lost the receiver, I'm afraid there's no way to revive the old keyboard/mouse without its designated receiver, you are however, welcome to try a receiver at a local store to test before purchasing one that works (if it does, it doesn't in my experience).

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@newbie123321

Refer to the below document for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Connection Issues.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006821 

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Dear @Raj1788

Thanks for providing a link with a generic information that does not answer my original questions.

Just to re-iterate the questions I would like to get answered in slightly different words/format:

1) Can sk2063 work without mouse?

a) if 1) is true, how does one turn on the keyboard to pair with the computer without presence of a mouse?

b) if 1) is false, where can one get a replacement mouse?

2) How can one turn on and off the keyboard?  Does it turn on automatically?

3) Can I use Logitech Unifying USB receiver ?

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

@newbie123321

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for further assistance. 

Click here: www.hp.com/contacthp

Keep me posted on further assistance. I hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks, @Raj1788, for an advice to contact HP Support.  I will do that then.  

Quick question:

It says you are an HP Support Agent.  Whats the difference between HP Support Agent (such as yourself) and  HP Support?  

Do HP Support Agents provide no support, while HP Support provides support?

Also, do HP Support Agents and HP support reside in different and non-interconnected universes?

Please clarify,

HP Recommended

@newbie123321 That's a valid (quick) question, I believe what he meant was, you were interacting with the online community support with limited options that do not include setting up an order to repair/replace the device or take a remote session to help you out (if needed) to get your concern with the pairing of the device sorted, while the team you are being referred to, the HP (phone) support team can do all of that.

That said, I'd like to answer your previous questions too, if i may:

1) Can sk2063 (aka - HP Wireless Elite Desktop Keyboard and Mouse) work without mouse? Yes, it can, but not without a receiver

2) How can one turn on and off the keyboard?  Does it turn on automatically? Yes, it turns on automatically & on/off switch is not an option: refer to the user guide for details

3) Can I use Logitech Unifying USB receiver ? No, I'm afraid not, you will need the same receiver that was sent with the product, an alternate HP receiver may work but we don't garauntee it, you will need to purchase a replacement receiver, keyboard & mouse to make it work, if you lost the receiver (unorthodox, i know, but that's how HP deals with it, I'm just the messenger, do not kill the messenger)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for a clarification and detailed answer, @Riddle_Decipher.

I really liked your reply from a completeness point of view.  

Couple (quick) questions to close the loop on my inquiry.

1) the link for the manual you provided does not appear to describe SK-2063 keyboard.  Do you have a link for SK-2063?  

My keyboard has white trimming along its perimeter.

2) On item #3, it says '...you will need to purchase a replacement receiver, keyboard & mouse to make it work...'

Does this mean that in order to make my current keyboard work, I will need to buy

a)another keyboard

b)another mouse

in addition to buying USB receiver.  And the condition is:  receiver, keyboard, mouse must be combo (ie in the same box)

Is it also safe to say that after purchasing keyboard/mouse combo, I will have the following:

1. non-working HP keyboard (that originated my inquiry)
  2. working keyboard/mouse combo (that I never wanted to buy, yet perfectly working)

If above is true, would it be fair to say that my current HP keyboard (sk-2063) is effectively junk (without USB receiver, mouse and another keyboard) and should be thrown away on the grounds of impossibility of bringing back to life due to the lack of power on/off switch, something every Logitech keyboard has ?  

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

@newbie123321 It'll be an honor to help close this loop for you:

1. When I look up "SK-2063", all i get is this on the search list: HP Wireless Elite Desktop Keyboard and Mouse (probably a code name for the same device, unless you have a product name/number)
  2. I had a dog and his name was - "BINGO" that's exactly what I meant, unfortunately, you'll need to get the combo, for this to work.

Certain HP recliner all-in-one desktop PCs go with a USB receiver inbuilt or hidden inside the side of the PC, if you don't have that particular model and this is something you've purchased on your own, and lost the receiver, I'm afraid there's no way to revive the old keyboard/mouse without its designated receiver, you are however, welcome to try a receiver at a local store to test before purchasing one that works (if it does, it doesn't in my experience).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, @Riddle_Decipher, for providing an answer that I view as a Solution.  

I will just throw away the HP keyboard since this HP keyboard is now an obvious and complete junk.  Too bad I can not recycle it or give it 2nd chance to live.  Hopefully, Greta Thunberg, will not get too upset knowing that HP is not green encouraging people to throw away HP products that otherwise could have been working (assuming better/more thoughtful engineering).  

HP Recommended

@newbie123321 I can't agree more with the part about the thoughtful engineering, which is why I have forwarded your feedback to the R&D team, with my fingers crossed for a brighter future, that said, It was good interacting with you, I'm glad I could be of assistance and if you truly feel my response can be viewed as a solution, simply click on "accept as solution" on my first post or the one you think addresses most/all of your concerns.

Take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.