Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-1014nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I know thant in the HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-1014nf, there is one SSD (256 Go) and one HDD (1 To).

But how many hard disk can we add in this PC ?

What is the total number of slots for HDD ?

Thanks for your answers,

Sincerely

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There is not much info available for that model PC.  From the pictures I found on a similar model, it looks as there is no mounting place for an additional hard drive.  Depending on your specific model, you will have to actually look inside, there may/may not be another SATA port to use.  Unknown if there is a spare power connection for another SATA drive.

It seems the drive mounting is not provided for any additional drives.

Here is a thread with pictures for a similar model, see if yours looks similar or post pictures of the insides to provide more info, so we can compare.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-Can-I-add-RAM-to-my-TP01-102...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

the manuals on many HP are very poor today for sure the ones marked, service bla bla.

the answer is simple (I LOOK first) only looking matters on real desktops after al l  they can be loaded with options.

you said HDD, and not told 2.5" or 3.5" drives,  and no SSD stated as possible.

we look

for the cage to hold them and size cage and for spare SATA ports and 15pin spare SATA power cables.

thats 3 things,  fit, cable 1 and cable 2.  ,1,2,3, simple and looking first matters

the trouble here is lack of photos of HP newer PCs,  very very hard to find any users posting photos.

if you read the HP spec (sparse)  it at least shows ports present but not the drivers used, fully,

TP01 comes in vast sub models) 1014nf is one.

google finds the spec fast.

BaKER mobo.  and the hp dead link to it. wow, way to go HP

product ID: 1T0D2EA

1 TB HDD storage; 256 GB SSD storage (note how inches not told 2.5" or 3.5? drives") wow,. (drive cage not spec'd out)

1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD (option) a spinner . non told no maker nor model nor any hints what is there.

2 M.2; 1 PCIe x16; 1 PCIe x1  (note not a clue as to if M.2 are both SSD supported at all both. wow #3)

finding manuals at HP, are not easy , so bad google can;t no is manuals listed in the HP menu's as a valid topic, (wow 4)

I give up.,.  too new, and no manuals and if found are horrid ,  in 100 languages sure, but now worth reading.

but if missing that 1TB hdd drive ARE You buy one any size you want and plug it in.

i can even  use 2.5" SSD drives with adapters trays or even tie wrapped to frame inside any PC or server.

SSD has no motor and does not vibrate, so SSD are super easy to add to most PCs, cables added.

I have server here that boots to SSD 2.5" inside a gutted DVD drive, yeah lets me run huge 8 drive SAS RAID (6)

BINGO found real photos in GOOGLE using super careful search  HP Pavilion TP01 below. (tricky to find real photos)

first is real then 2nd is HP manual (photoshop lame). ok DVD top right

and the below HDD 1TB cage (missing?) see why I LOOK FIRST and leap 2nd? looking costs nothing.

tp01b.JPG

X yellow is fake HP PSU. not how HP fails to even mention it exits much less now to remove it. (its stealthy)

to be sure I could put a HDD or SSD there, even if I had to buy a new cage, for sure and will work for sure.

tp01.JPG

non ATX SPEC, PSU. X

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Bonjour

vérifiez simplement comme l' a indiquez @TheOldMan 

il y a peut être un emplacement libre comme le montre la vidéo

Hello just check like @TheOldMan there may be a free slot as shown in the video

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Bonjour,

Merci mais cependant je n'ai pas ce modèle puisque j'hésitais à l'acheter justement.

En plus, sur un autre forum, j'ai appris qu'il n'y aurait pas spatialement la place de rajouter des HDD dans une mini tour.

Sans oublier qu'il n'y a apparemment que des ports M.2 et que mes HDD sont en connectique Sata..

Mais merci d'avoir réfléchi à mon problème !

HP Recommended

Hi
you must give the translation in English @Absalome 
You still have to pay attention to what is said in the forums
The information does relate to this same model, not said!
No sata ports, it's just wrong, just see the link given by @TheOldMan 

unless it is the sata power supply not available ..
we see at least one free, and this one

Optical Drive
DVD-Writer

2020-08-30 12.27.06.jpg

TP01-1014nf Product Specifications

Optical Drive
Optical drive not included

now if you need to connect multiple HDDs, you can just turn them into an external drive
So if you don't have the model yet, your best bet is to contact the HP store directly, they should be able to confirm.

https://store.hp.com/FranceStore/Merch/Offer.aspx?p=contact-hp-store

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.