Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Optane is an expensive caching drive.

The OP wants to disable this function.

This action, according to Intel, can be done within the IRST UI.

Regards

HP Recommended

I spent some time with HP Support Tech and we tread a familiar path.  While chatting on phone she had me go through BIOS.  She expected to find RST in BIOS.  We went up and down and all around and can't find the options to boot into RST.

She gave me a number for HP tech Support and said I'd probably have to pay.  I may give that a shot up until they ask for money.

This is frustrating.

Thanks for suggestions.

HP Recommended

the HP Pavilion 590 series encompases many models/configurations

can you please provide the FULL MODEL NUMBER OF YOUR SYSTEM

Pavilion 590-xxxxx

HP Pavilion 590-p0052il

HP Pavilion 590-p0047c

HP Pavilion 590-p0019

and so on,...........................

HP Recommended

Here's the complete model number: 590-p0057c

The support page is here.

Hope this helps and thanks,

Dan

HP Recommended

i've looked at the hp specs for this model, and nowhere does hp state that optane is a available option.

would this be a  Costco or some other retail store's product, rather than a system bought direct from HP? 

the HP 590-p0086 shows built-in Optane memory where the 590-p0057c does not list this feature.

both models use the exact same motherboard/case

the base 590-p0057c system comes with  a 256GB NVME SSD in the M.2 slot and 16GB ram, i'm wondering if the optine module is being counted as part of total system ram rather than being listed seperate how much ram do you have? please list the number of memory modules and the part number printed on them (what size is the optane module?)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05999904

the 590-p0086 comes with 8GB ram and a 16GB xpoint (optane) device in the M.2 slot and a 1TB mech HD

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06038766

the latest HP listed RST driver is version 16.5.5.1040  and is the one which should be installed, check device manager for a previous ver and if it exists uninstall it before installing this one doing it this way prevents errors

HP Recommended

Well, this explains a lot.  It was a Costco purchase.  At the time of the purchase, there was only one 590 listed online and it was described as having Optane memory.  I know because I hadn't read too many glowing reports about Optane and hesitated to make the purchase.  Now there are 2 590s with the p0057c listed as not having Optane.  I dont know the exact model number of the 590 that was in the old ad and dont know how to dredge it back up.  I do know I looked up the model number online to check out the specs and reviews.  Seems I wasn't getting as good a deal as I thought at the time as the ad did not represent what I bought..  It was listed as regular price $650, on sale for $500.  Now the p0057c sells for $500 as the regular price. 

I apologize for leading so many of you on a wild goose chase.  I must conclude that there is no Optane in there and I will pop the case open to find out.

Thanks for all your help,

Dan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.