Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I want to Enable Intel Virtualization Technology (vt-x) on my HP Pavilion 23-b026in All-in-One Desktop PC. But I'm unable to find the option in my BIOS. My processor is capable for Virtualization Technology but I'm unable to find the option to enable it on my PC. Can you please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Rapidly tapping the ESC key after power on should get you to Startup Menu and from there you can select Computer Setup (bios). If you can't get to the Startup memu using the ESC key then you will need to take a longer route to get into the UEFI settings.  Review this procedure. The below image is reflective for the Leeds motherboard in your PC. There is not a lot of differences between the below image and that which Paul had posted.

Leeds VT enable.jpg

You will need to change the Disable to Enable and then save the settings.

The other changes will require Windows 8 Pro or higher and also to enable the function under Turn Windows Features On or Off.

Enabel VT in Windows Control Panel.jpg

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see if the illustration below is of help to you.

Carmel2 bios VT setting.jpg

HP Recommended
How to reach this setup utility? My BIOS has very very few options.
HP Recommended

Hi:

That illustration was from a typical desktop BIOS, not necessarily the specific BIOS yours has.

If you have accessed the BIOS and your BIOS menus do not look like those, then unfortunately, I can't be of further assistance as HP has not provided any info on the Leeds motherboard BIOS settings.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Rapidly tapping the ESC key after power on should get you to Startup Menu and from there you can select Computer Setup (bios). If you can't get to the Startup memu using the ESC key then you will need to take a longer route to get into the UEFI settings.  Review this procedure. The below image is reflective for the Leeds motherboard in your PC. There is not a lot of differences between the below image and that which Paul had posted.

Leeds VT enable.jpg

You will need to change the Disable to Enable and then save the settings.

The other changes will require Windows 8 Pro or higher and also to enable the function under Turn Windows Features On or Off.

Enabel VT in Windows Control Panel.jpg

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Indeed, your information was very helpful. Thank you very much

HP Recommended

Hi,

Let's know if you are successful using VM.

HP Recommended

Hello. When i go to Security i dont see the stuff i see password and administraitor password or something pls help 

HP Recommended

i think im in the wrong thing i clicked F10 

HP Recommended

excelente

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.