Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I did the system bios thing but hyper v doesnt appear Help me (I run on win 10)

HP Recommended

Once you've gone through these steps, is there a way to check that your work was saved? or that it's working properly?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to me. Did you ever figure it out? I enabled it in Bios in startup, and then when I went to the program features there is no Hyper-V option to select. PLEASE HELP!

HP Recommended

Hello@munleyej,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. One Stop for all sort of solutions for your HP Products.

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in enabling the Virtualization on the PC. Is that, right? I will be glad to help you.

I was able to find an article from Microsoft which helps you enable the virtualization and use it efficiently.

Please use the link below and check if that helps you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/

This should solve the issue.  Let me know for more solution.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Ok, in the instructions near the end it said "The other changes will require Windows 8 Pro or higher and also to enable the function under Turn Windows Features On or Off."  What does this mean?  I have Windows 7 Home Premium OA.  Will this mess up my computer to make these changes - enabling Virtualization Technology?  I'm doing it for BlueStacks program making my computer a tablet.

HP Recommended

I commented not long ago.  I have an HP Pavilion g series with Windows 7 Home Premium software.  How will enabling virtualization technology affect it?

HP Recommended

@tiffany7

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I reviewed your previous comment and the current one only to find out that all you need is details about "blue stacks" to use your tablet on your notebook, isn't that right?

Also, to answer your question about what the phrase "about the requirement of windows 8 pro or higher" means is that the virtualization of windows needs a better OS than the windows 7 in order for it to work.

That said, HP Doesn't recommend upgrading or downgrading the OS and I wouldn't suggest you go through the trouble of getting a retail version of the windows instead of the OEM (HP supplied OS) currently installed, if you've been using a retail version all this while instead of the OEM, upgrading to win8 is your call.

Besides, Bluestacks is an application and works independently without the need of any virtualization as far as I know, however, since Bluestacks is a 3rd party program and HP Doesn't support it, I recommend you contact them for further information about installing and using it.

Let me know how that pans out,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice.  The Blustacks program keeps suggesting that I enable virtualization and that's why I have looked into it.  The program Blustacks has not been working very well and I suspected that notification was going to improve it... who knows.  I am about to delete the program.

HP Recommended

@tiffany7

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I hope my advise was useful as that's the best answer for your concern through HP,

The best thing you could do, is to check with a local tech or the Bluestack support that may be able to help resolve your concerns using 3rd party Softwares.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Anyone know what to do if the F10 key does not work/save after "enabling" ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.