Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
LH125EA#ABZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I bought the GT 1030 and after putting it on, the pc doesn't turn on anymore ... it stays on the screen of the mobo, you could help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LomiFidani , welcome back to the forum.

I believe the video card is not compatible with the motherboard.  The GT 1030 requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard/Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  According to the information that I found on you computer it was released in 2011 or 2012.  If it was early 2012 it won't have UEFI.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LomiFidani , welcome back to the forum.

I believe the video card is not compatible with the motherboard.  The GT 1030 requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard/Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  According to the information that I found on you computer it was released in 2011 or 2012.  If it was early 2012 it won't have UEFI.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply, but I'd like to say something after several minutes the computer had turned on only that I couldn't change the resolution of the monitor and then turned off the PC

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @LomiFidani!

"thanks for your reply, but I'd like to say something after several minutes the computer had turned on only that I couldn't change the resolution of the monitor and then turned off the PC"

If I understand what you are saying, the computer runs with the video card installed, but you can't change the resolution.  Is this correct?

HP Recommended

Yes

HP Recommended

What can i do ? 

HP Recommended

Q:  What can i do ? 

A:  You should update the video driver to the latest from the nVidia website: 

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-1030

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.