Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0024ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How is it possible to control CPU Fan? There is a locked option inside BIOS. Third-party software (SpeedFan etc.) do not have permissions to analyse and change CPU Fan speed. Issue is deal with pretty not nice sound of fan. I would decrease fan speed before tempreture 50 celsious degrees. 

I have seen link https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04740290. But fan idle mode does not work in BIOS on my PC. In this option I be able to see just current fan speed and can not change somthing. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Flexgeo,

Fan speeds cannot be tweaked on HP consumer systems.

Have you checked system (CPU-motherboard) temps? You may have a thermal problem which is causing the fans to ramp up and create unpleasant dBA levels.

Download and run HWInfo portable (Link) to check temps and fan speeds. HWInfo monitors all kinds of stuff. Check it out.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

Thank you for the answer.

System temretures is OK. But I still can not find fan speed information. It is in general not really high noise from PC but its is not nice high frequent sound. And not constant - sinusoidal decreasing/increasing of fan speed.

Picture.PNG

Best Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.