Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 795-0040qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone let me know  if this PC has a user's manual because I cannot find it and I'm a professional research librarian.  I want to upgrade the RAM to 64 GB from 32 GB (I have my reasons) and upgrade the graphics card.  There are four RAM modules.  Assistance with finding this info will be much appreciated.  Thank you.

HP Pavilion 795-0040qd Desktop PC i7-9700 Eight Core 32GB 128GB SSD + 3TB DVD+RW

HP HP Envy 795-0040qd Desktop PC 

BASIC FEATURES
9th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 octa-core processor [3.0GHz, 12MB Shared Cache] w/turbo boost up to 4.7Ghz
32GB DDR4-2666Mhz Memory (64GB Max)
128 GB SSD + 3TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Intel UHD Video graphic [HDMI, DP]
Super multi DVD+-RW
3-in-1 memory card reader: SD/SDHC/SDXC
External Ports:
Front:1 headphone/microphone combo + 1 microphone-in + 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 2 + 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 + 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Rear: 2 USB 2.0 + 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1
SS USB 3.1 (SuperSpeed)
SuperSpeed — New higher signaling rate of 5Gbps (625MB/sec), 10 times faster than regular USB 2.0
Wireless 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi with Bluetooth® 4.2 M2
500W Power Supply
HP Keyboard and Mouse
Genuine Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

I have never posted here before so forgive me if this first message has too much info. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

try scan

Welcome to Crucial USA

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

try scan

Welcome to Crucial USA

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  The Crucial scan does usually work on almost any computer and I know it is good.  I did find what I needed but by a different approach.  For some reason the Crucial scan could not identify what I needed so I just slipped off the side cover and got the info by physically inspecting the currently installed RAM and I found the correct specifications for the upgrades I need.

I appreciate your kind assistance.

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-desktop-pc-795-0000i/19390486/model/28868453/product-in...

it is strange because we find this, although it is not uncommon that we do not have the characteristics page.
But there is not even the model of the motherboard
I had not given the link, but it can be used for the rest

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.