Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

@crawford_69,

Thank you so much for your reply, that really is helpful and kind of you.

I think HP Support are simply looking at the spec sheet of my PC, seeing that it says 256GB SSD and deducing that the motherboard must therefore only be compatible with that size of drive.

Anyway, many thanks again for your reply.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

crawford_69,

I’m trying to replace the 1TB HDD in my HP Pavilion 570p030 Desktop with a 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD. Is that what you did? If you did, did you have any problems?

After I installed mine, it’s not being recognized by the BIOS, Windows Disk Management, or Windows Explorer. I’m guessing (hoping) the SSD is bad.

HP Recommended

I have contacted three different HP Support Agents on HP Chat Support and spoken to a fourth on the telephone and they have all confirmed that this motherboard does not support SSDs greater than 256GB.

HP Recommended

Yes, that is what I did.  The first solid state drive I installed was SATA rather than PCIe.  It was not recognized.  When I changed it for a PCIe NVME SSD, it worked.  I entered Windows Disk Management and formatted the drive.  After that, I installed Windows 10 on it.  I've been using it ever since.  Also, the BIOS has to be at least F.14.

Here is the drive that I am using.

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-960-EVO-Internal-MZ-V6E500BW/dp/B01M20VBU7/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response. Your response confirms that my problem is the SSD so I’m going to return it and try again.

BTW, I’ve updated my BIOS to the latest, F.25

HP Recommended

@Rogue18

Did you manage to install your new SSD eventually?

Was the M.2 2280 form factor compatble with the Lubin motherboard?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.