Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install a graphics card and purchased a gt630 and took it to a pc repair shop to get it installed and was told it was no good so i got a gt730 it was what he said to get and when either of them are intalled it got to the hp logo with the hand and that is it. It is a p6-2114

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC's BIOS is too old to install anything newer than a nVidia GT 6xx series graphics card.

Your PC's BIOS has is a 7.xx version, and you need a PC with a BIOS version of 8.1x or newer to run a Nvidia GT 7xx or newer graphics card.

That is why the GT 1030 isn't working for you.

HP Recommended

But that doesnt explain why the gt630 is not working either when it is installed the fan comes on

HP Recommended

You indicated that the guy at the PC repair shop indicated the GT 630 card was no good.

Other than that, I wouldn't know why it didn't work.

I suggest you play it safe and buy one of the graphics cards that were supported in your PC's IPISB-CU (Carmel2) motherboard.

HP Pavilion p6-2020t Product Specifications and Configurable Options | HP® Customer Support

• GeForce 405 (512 MB)
  • GeForce GT 520 (1 GB)
  • GeForce GT 530 (2 GB)
  • Radeon HD 6450 (1 GB)

HP Pavilion p6-2114 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.