Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n121 N0A90AA#A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have these "HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n121   N0A90AA#A" 27 inch All in one with  2GB HDD and 8 GB Memory. 

It is slow and planning to replace

with 1 GB SSD and increase memory to 16 GB.

Need help to find comparable memory and SSD drive

And also instruction to how to transfer Window 10 to new SSD.

How do I know, I have 4+4 Memory or 8 GB memory in memory slot?

IS there any video link , how to open the all in one and replace hard drive and memory?

- regards 

PK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@H6203 , welcome to the forum.

Q:  Need help to find comparable memory and SSD drive

A:  Here is a SSD that should work for you.  I like Samsung SSD's because they seem to work best with a HP BIOS.  Also, they come with some of the best Migration software and Magician software to tweak the SSD for the best performance once it is installed. 

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  Crucial is the retail division of Micron.  They make very good memory.  I suggest that you use CPU-Z to check the brand,  timings and the number of sticks of the current memory.  This information is in the tab titled "SPD".  You may have to remove the existing memory to install the maximum 16 GB of memory if the current memory isn't compatible with the new memory.  Once you have the information from CPU-Z you can contact Crucial's Tech Support for help with determining the compatibility of their memory with the current memory.

Q:  And also instruction to how to transfer Window 10 to new SSD.

A:  It is a bit more difficult with an AIO computer.  They don't always have extra SATA ports on the motherboard.  I suggest buying a USB 3.0 enclosure for the SSD (The Samsung SSD doesn't come with the enclosure.).  I have one very similar to the one in the link.  It works great for using my Samsung SSD for a backup drive.  You can connect it to a USB 3.0 port on the AIO.  You will install Samsung's Migration software on your hard drive (HDD).  Connect the SSD to your computer with the cable that came with the enclosure.  Run the Migration software.  It will ask you for the Target drive which will be the SSD.  Once the HDD has been cloned to the SSD, you can shut down the computer and remove the HDD and install the SSD in its place.  Make certain that the SSD is the boot drive in the BIOS.

Q:  How do I know, I have 4+4 Memory or 8 GB memory in memory slot?

A:  See my answer above.

Q:  IS there any video link , how to open the all in one and replace hard drive and memory?

A:  Here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the computer.  On Pages 11 and 12 it shows how to open the case of the computer and remove the Hard Drive.  You would simply reverse the steps to upgrade the HDD and reassemble the case.

If this is confusing for you, I will be glad to answer any further questions that you may have.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@H6203 , welcome to the forum.

Q:  Need help to find comparable memory and SSD drive

A:  Here is a SSD that should work for you.  I like Samsung SSD's because they seem to work best with a HP BIOS.  Also, they come with some of the best Migration software and Magician software to tweak the SSD for the best performance once it is installed. 

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  Crucial is the retail division of Micron.  They make very good memory.  I suggest that you use CPU-Z to check the brand,  timings and the number of sticks of the current memory.  This information is in the tab titled "SPD".  You may have to remove the existing memory to install the maximum 16 GB of memory if the current memory isn't compatible with the new memory.  Once you have the information from CPU-Z you can contact Crucial's Tech Support for help with determining the compatibility of their memory with the current memory.

Q:  And also instruction to how to transfer Window 10 to new SSD.

A:  It is a bit more difficult with an AIO computer.  They don't always have extra SATA ports on the motherboard.  I suggest buying a USB 3.0 enclosure for the SSD (The Samsung SSD doesn't come with the enclosure.).  I have one very similar to the one in the link.  It works great for using my Samsung SSD for a backup drive.  You can connect it to a USB 3.0 port on the AIO.  You will install Samsung's Migration software on your hard drive (HDD).  Connect the SSD to your computer with the cable that came with the enclosure.  Run the Migration software.  It will ask you for the Target drive which will be the SSD.  Once the HDD has been cloned to the SSD, you can shut down the computer and remove the HDD and install the SSD in its place.  Make certain that the SSD is the boot drive in the BIOS.

Q:  How do I know, I have 4+4 Memory or 8 GB memory in memory slot?

A:  See my answer above.

Q:  IS there any video link , how to open the all in one and replace hard drive and memory?

A:  Here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the computer.  On Pages 11 and 12 it shows how to open the case of the computer and remove the Hard Drive.  You would simply reverse the steps to upgrade the HDD and reassemble the case.

If this is confusing for you, I will be glad to answer any further questions that you may have.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks you very much for detailed answer. After buying SSD and Memory, if any additional information needed, will contact you.

- regards

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @H6203!  I am always glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.