Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy V9B11AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a UEFI diagnostic check of my system and a hard drive failed the test.  Failure ID Q4HJL8-8HFAK0-9XPK6K-61D713. There was also a 301 error on booting the computer.  So, I'm thinking I can replace the hard drive.  My question is:  there are two hard drives - how do I know which one is having the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can replace the drive with any 2.5" SATA SSD you want.

This one would be approximately the same size, but would have better performance than the stock one.

Amazon.com: WD Blue Solid State Drive: Computers & Accessories

A better bargain would be the 500 GB model for just a bit more.  Double the storage for less than $10 more.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
Q4HJL8-8HFAK0-9XPK6K-61D713OKXXXXXXXXXX4/6/21305StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Full Test Failure

Generally, since your PC has a 256 GB SSD, disk 1 would be the mechanical hard drive (2 TB).

I think the easiest thing to do would be to disconnect the power cable from the 2.5" drive and see if the error code goes away.

If it does, you would need to replace the 2.5" 2 TB drive.

If it does not, then the SSD is bad.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I will follow your advice and let you know how it goes.  Thanks, again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

HP Recommended

OK, I was able to determine that it's the hard drive with the programs on it. I've removed it.  It says it's a Samsung but they don't recognize the Model or Part numbers and they told me I need to go through HP.  How do I find the right/compatible hard drive for replacement?

HP Recommended

Here's the label on the drive.

image.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can replace the drive with any 2.5" SATA SSD you want.

This one would be approximately the same size, but would have better performance than the stock one.

Amazon.com: WD Blue Solid State Drive: Computers & Accessories

A better bargain would be the 500 GB model for just a bit more.  Double the storage for less than $10 more.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

HP Recommended

Awesome, thank you very much!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.