Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6000 Pro Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So can i use my msi gt 730 4gb gddr3 vram in my HP Compaq 6000 pro Small Form Factor PC

here is what i exactly bought: 

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-gt-730-n730k-4gd3-ocv1/p/N82E16814137666?Description=msi%20gt%207...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem is that even if you remove the side panel, the silver mounting bracket won't fit where it is supposed to go.

You would have to remove the bracket from the card and figure out how to hook it up to the video card cable.

The card only draws 38 Watts so the power draw shouldn't be an issue.

Look at the difference between what you bought and what you should have bought...

On the model below, you exchange the standard bracket with the low profile one that should come in the box.

GIGABYTE GeForce GT 730 Video Card GV-N730D5-2GL - Newegg.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

It's too big for the case.

You need the low profile GT 730 model.

HP Recommended

if I do not want the removable side panel on, can I even run it with the HP power supply already in it or not.

HP Recommended

The problem is that even if you remove the side panel, the silver mounting bracket won't fit where it is supposed to go.

You would have to remove the bracket from the card and figure out how to hook it up to the video card cable.

The card only draws 38 Watts so the power draw shouldn't be an issue.

Look at the difference between what you bought and what you should have bought...

On the model below, you exchange the standard bracket with the low profile one that should come in the box.

GIGABYTE GeForce GT 730 Video Card GV-N730D5-2GL - Newegg.com

HP Recommended

So I have a PCIe riser cable and I don't really mind if does hang out of the case a little bit and it also would get a lot more airflow anyway. But this computer has a 240 watt PSU and intel core 2 duo e7600 and 4 ddr3 DIMMs of each being 2GB each for every DIMM. So what is maximum of ram anyway and where can I buy ddr3 4 dimms to populate the PC and to fill up the memory to max anyway. plz I am a bit short on money and I do not know where to get some cheaper ddr3 dimms and I just don't really know any good places online to buy them. If you could send me a link to where I could get some cheaper ddr3 that would be great. Thank you for everything that you have already answered. Thank you Paul Tikkanen for everything.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can install up to 4 x 4 GB of DDR3 memory in your PC.

This memory is what I used in my 8000 Elite CMT which is basically an upscale model of yours and uses the same memory.

Patriot Signature 4 GB PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) DDR3 Desktop Memory PSD34G13332 at Amazon.com

NewEgg sells it too, but it is $6 less a stick on Amazon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.