Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a HP All-in-one PC.

When I turn it on, you can hear the fan working, which then slows down and runs continuously (at about 30%). This results in a low (but noticeable) humming noise. 

The PC is not hot and, other than the humming noise works perfectly.

I have done the normal stuff - i.e. ensured that it's on the latest BIOS, ensuring vents clear, etc

Is it normal for the fan to run continuously at around 30%?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

so you just bought this PC used?, and so do not know all PC air cooled have fans.?

and all CPU make heat, even doing zero work on the desktop , and that means the fan must turn, if not the CPU will overheat.

if this PC is old and you had it a long time and just now today , the PC humms, that is a bad fan.

that is my answer regardless of history,  I hope I saved you huge time wasted.

all PCs with fans make noise, and the data sheet on most PCs even show the Acoustic  noise spec.

Abnormal noise is purely a hands on thing , by any experienced tech. All fans have bearings and all go bad.(old)

or are packed on lint and makes a racket, we simply clean those.

good luck finding noise. some are a challenge, for sure lose parts inside once dropped, hard.

I say get a shop to check it  out,  for any noises.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank you.

I purchased the PC brand new.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.