Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0023na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in dispute with HP techncial support about the fan noise from my computer.  When it is 'idle' the fan noise 'hunts' up and down at about 1 second internals which is most annoying, and as far as I am concerned is unacceptable.  I have repaired and built PCs over 40+ years and I have never heard this hunting fan noise before.  HP technical support say that this noise is normal and so I wonder if any owners of this model of HP computer (24-f0023na) or a similar all-in-one computer can let me know if their PC fan has this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@casey42,

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi: I would be interested to know what happened next. I have the same problem with a  refurbished r111na HP I bought through an authorised reseller. Going to be sending the machine back but wondering if the same thing would happen if I got another HP all-in-one.

HP Recommended

I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply - but just in case it is useful to you and others I will recount my experience with HP.  The first computer I purchased had a noisy fan and more annoying was that the fan 'hunted' at about 1 second internals.  As I had purchased the computer on-line from HP I contacted the company tech support and they agreed to repair the computer.  The computer was collected and repaired but it took nearly a month because the repairer had to order parts (CPU and fan) which were not readily available.  When the computer was returned it had the same fault.  HP tech support offered to repair it (again) but I said that I wanted the computer returned for a refund.  The agent said that it was not possible to do so as it was now about 2-3 months old!  I insisted that this was not acceptable and so the technical agent passed me on to a 'customer care' agent.  I was offered a new computer that had a single HDD SSD drive of only 250GB but that was not acceptable as my current drive already contained more than 250GB of software and data.  I was then offered a much better computer that had both a 2 TB HDD and a 128 GB SSD.  That computer has now worked flawlessly, it is fast and quiet.  The replacement computer was the HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa0018na which I would highly recommend.

HP Recommended

Many thanks Casey42....and congratulations on hanging in there and receiving a great replacement/upgrade. It was only right. My HP Renew reseller turned out good too, arranging for shipment back, quickly acknowledging the fault and sending me an exact 24-r111na replacement with a beautifully quiet fan! Very happy :-).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.