Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z8 Workstation
Linux

Hello All,

We need to attend the meeting using a Z8 workstation which as RHEL 7.4 enterprise edition using google chat applications. Any one help me to enable the Linux  (RHEL 7.4 Enterprise) PC mic . I am trying to add 3.5 mm headphone as MIC input device in RHEL 7.4 installed HP Z8 workstation but the workstation is not detecting the device.

I have tried with USB headphone it was working. So please guide me to fix this issue

Regards,

V.Siva

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

red hat linux

I have tried with USB headphone it was working. (what does that mean)?   a USB boom mic head phone and at the same time use 3.5mm mic, (mic only)

front or rear jacks,

the 3.5mm jack is pink on my rear or my Z600

My z has mic front and rear, rear is pink and front logo shows mic.

if you plug in too many things , it can get confused.

best is try  USB boom mic head phones first. if that fails

remove them from USB port

and uses 3.5 pin for mike and head phones to green, rear.

also on my old Z it can not use TRRS 4 pin heads or mic and must use split-er Y cable to old PC with TRS jacks only

No comment me on Red hat drivers to make this work.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.