Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP name: Erica SSID: 8643
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I use a corsair like 500W or no and if i cant what are my options? Is it better to just get a new motherboard since ERICA isnt upgradable PSU wise??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PlatinumTheGrea , welcome to the forum.

@PlatinumTheGrea wrote:

Can I use a corsair like 500W or no and if i cant what are my options? Is it better to just get a new motherboard since ERICA isnt upgradable PSU wise??

No, the motherboard is HP proprietary.  It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  The largest PSU that is available from HP is 310W.

HP's cases are basically proprietary because of the motherboard.  There are two things to consider when changing motherboards in a HP case: 1) the holes in the motherboard matching the stand-offs in the case and 2) the front panel connectors matching those on the new motherboard.  You would have to contact the motherboard manufacturer's Tech Support to see if they know if their motherboard would fit properly into a HP case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Alrighty well what I plan to do now is salvage and buy a new case, psu, motherboard. Can I remove the cpu and ssd out of the M01-F0016 and use it in a different board or are those locked(Propreitary) as well??

Thanks for taking time out of your day to reply 

HP Recommended

@PlatinumTheGrea, you are welcome!

@PlatinumTheGrea wrote:

Alrighty well what I plan to do now is salvage and buy a new case, psu, motherboard. Can I remove the cpu and ssd out of the M01-F0016 and use it in a different board or are those locked(Propreitary) as well??

Thanks for taking time out of your day to reply 

Yes, you can use the processor and SSD in the new motherboard.  Make certain that you get a motherboard that is compatible with an AMD processor AM4.

Good luck!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.