Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
omen 30L desktop GT13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I enter bios, it doesnt allow me to change my ram speed, Just shows "system Information"

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zentixe , welcome to the forum.

For you to be able to change the speed of your memory HP would have had to add Extreme Memory Profiles (XMPs) to the BIOS/UEFI: https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/

They have not done this in many of their computers.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

the link you sent was useful to knowing what they are, but it doesn't explain how to download them on a hp pc. 

HP Recommended

@Zentixe 

There is no way to download them to your computer.  They have to be added to the BIOS/UEFI by HP when it is developed.  The basic speed of DDR4 memory is 2133 MHz.  HP adds a XMP to overclock it to whatever speed they want, DDR4-2666, for instance.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.