Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SSD EX920 M.2 256GB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am totally flummoxed.  I have a hard drive with a 5 year warranty that is less than 1 year old and has failed.  I was using it as my boot drive and the MBR just disappeard and while Windows 10 can see the drive, it cannot read from, write to or format the drive.  I have registered the product and the only options the support system gives me are ask this group or find service center.  Since those are my only options, i ask the question here....How do I get the warranty honored?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I appreciate the suggestion but that has not proven to be the problem.  This appears to be an actual drive failure.  Unfortunately, when I click on the link to US telephone support, I get the following message:

"Oops!
We can't find that page, but here's the good news - we've got other ways to find what you need."

So, here I wait.  No real way to talk to someone on the phone because whether intentional or otherwise, it has proven nearly impossible to get a phone number, even from the place on the HP website where a number is supposed to be.

HP Recommended

Hi

Well this is unfortunate that HP don't give their US numbers.

Obviously here in the UK we have them and they work.

support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/

Tidy.

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

@IanMud 

If you have not yet done so, please submit an online case.

Once the case details are submitted, local contact information will be displayed on the screen.

If the response database recognizes the device, this method is fastest.

That said,

• I have submitted a request that someone take a look.
  • Please know that because our Community is not HP Technical Support, we are not a direct conduit to HP.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 
  • Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims.

Note to those reading:

• Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site places your privacy at risk from scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Technical Support – Contact Information

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option – Regions

USA / Canada

Contact Official HP® Support | HP® Customer Support

Submit information / case online

Sign in or continue as a guest

Reminder:  HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.

UK

For faster support, first submit information / case online: HP Customer Support UK

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

READ:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Reminders

HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers.  Please submit your case online

• Provide all the requested information to submit your online case
  • Explain the problem > Ask for help
  • Submit the case
  • After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
  • Reminder:  Wait times can be long – HP Response centers are very busy.

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
  • Chat is not available in every region.  In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.
  • HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
  • Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  
  • HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Dragon,  Thanks again for the recommendations.  I have been able to register the product, but this disaster just keeps getting worse.  When I attempt to check the warranty status, which seems like the only option that makes sense given my circumstance, the system goes into a loop and tells me to wait a couple of minutes with a spinning wheel which never stops spinning, so there is no way I can initiate the process.  

So, at this point, there is no support number because the link sends me to a page that doesn't exist, plus an online system that fails at every key juncture, either because it cannot identify the product or for some other unknown reason.  

So frustrating

HP Recommended

@IanMud 

You are welcome.

I have bumped the request.

Know that our methods to contact HP Support are indirect - even should the request be accepted, there can be a delay both in the initial response and afterwards.  

Personal Opinion...

There is little else to be done. moving staff around to better handle the ongoing crisis, and everyone working at and beyond normal capacity.

I realize the timing is very bad for you.

If you get into a big enough crunch and if you have the budget and wherewithal, consider replacing the hardware.  Personal choice - I am not advocating giving up - I am merely tendering the idea of fixing the immediate problem.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. 

I have already purchased another m.2 SSD as my boot drive and installed it.  I tried every way I knew to access the HP drive including registry modification, using the command line to run diskpart, 3rd party partition software and probably a few others I have forgotten.  I am just hoping that when I finally get through to someone, they don't ask me to plug the thing back in as I don't have an M.2 reader other than the one being used for my Windows drive.

Again, thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.