Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z5N87AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have a  

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 

Motherboard: HP 82F2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

And now i want upgrade my Graphic card to a MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G - G1060GX6 its Ok? and a Kingston A1000 M.2 2280 960GB PCI-Express 3.0 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SA1000M8/960G 

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@jose28,

You have the HP 570-P033W. 

Why the 1060 ?  You guessing ?  Price ?  Did you research the card performance based on a game requirement ?

The length of the card must not exceed the measurement from the expansion rail (rear of chassis) to the 24 pin main power header.  If the card exceeds the space, it will slam into the wiring, and not seat the card.

The Nvidia site states the card is 9.8" long. That would SLAM your 24 pin main power.  You will need a short 1060. And, if you might a short card, a new PSU for the added 120W.  A Corsair 500CX would be an ideal fit, IF you find the right card.

Lubin MB.JPG

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX                                                  

Measure this length                                                        (forget the r5 435 reference)

I am not an expert on NVE so I will give you 2 references.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-M-2-Compatibility-Lubin-Mot...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Boot-from-M-2-SSD/m-p/6283247#M...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

So what graphics card you recommend me for my PC

HP Recommended

@jose28,

Give an example of the higher end games you play.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I only play fortnite 50-70 fps in low and league of legend in very high  graphics 100-120 fps 

HP Recommended

@jose28

Read thru this review of suitable minimum and recommended, then take note that it states " In order to safely max out the graphics, you’ll need to be above the recommended requirements, which are still on the low side compared to most popular games....".

Did you measure the distance from the expansion rail to the main power plug ? Still need that !!!

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

THE EXPASION RAIL is the pci x16?

HP Recommended

@jose28

Measure from the back of the case to the 24 pin socket.  It is marked in RED

Lubin motherboard.JPG

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

15 cm 

HP Recommended

I have the MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB video card myself, it is an excellent choice. Mine is running with a Core i7-based machine and it runs everything I throw at it without difficulty. The next tier of video cards involves a significant jump in price. Almost any discrerte, add-on video card will be a step up from the onboard graphics.

You need to answer the basic questions first:

1) Do you have the physical space required? Do some homework and find out the exact length of the card you want; I use Newegg quite a bit for quick access to that sort of detail. Look up the item and check its 'Specifications' tab. Length will be listed there.

1a) If you don't have the length needed for the full sized card you are not out of luck yet. The GTX 1060 is available in a short version. You have to sacrifice one of the twin fans but you are basically getting the same card.

3) Do you have an available 8-pin (or 6-pin)  PCIe power connector available? Like most good video cards this one requires its own power cable. Newegg's 'Specifications' for the card will also tell you what it needs for a power cable. It's probably an 8-pin. Probe around inside your case and see if there is a bundle of unused power wires and connectors; they might be tightly bunched up and hiding. One of them may be the needed PCIe power cable.

3a) If you have no PCIe power cable you might not be out of luck yet. There may be a different available power cable with the same voltage and ther may be an adapter cable that can turn it into a PCIe power cable. That would take a bit of homework, good luck.

4) Does your power supply have the necessary power? At least a 400 Watt power supply is recommended. A little headroom beyond that would be nice. As long as your system isn't drawing a lot of power already 400 Watts should squeak you by all right.

Installing the discrete graphics card should automatically bypass your onboard grapics chip though it's possible, but not likely,  you might have to go into BIOS and switch off the onboard graphics.

If you get that card and install it successfully you will not be disappointed.

I put together my own machines and have always tried to buy a case with enough room for a full sized video card. And I always overspend on power supplies. I want better quality, more power and more power connectors than I need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.