Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi!, @IVANMARCO :

Your computer is ... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05577951?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Product Number : Z5N87AA

Description : HP PAVILION DESKTOP - 570-P033W

Have, Motherboard ...

906148-601ASSY, MBD,Lubin,Intel KBL H270 WIN

Have Integrated  (soldered) Intel HD Graphics

• NOTE: 
    Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

If you install any video graphic, you needed change the power supply with more power (+ 600watts.). This change is dangerous why delivery more heat and required other fan cooler and maybe you not sufficient space in the gabinet.

For better use, you can see for similar Desktop (OMEN) ...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/19547009/do...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/19547009/do...

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

It’s only 150W now what?

@JakeKay wrote:

I have the MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB video card myself, it is an excellent choice. Mine is running with a Core i7-based machine and it runs everything I throw at it without difficulty. The next tier of video cards involves a significant jump in price. Almost any discrerte, add-on video card will be a step up from the onboard graphics.

You need to answer the basic questions first:

1) Do you have the physical space required? Do some homework and find out the exact length of the card you want; I use Newegg quite a bit for quick access to that sort of detail. Look up the item and check its 'Specifications' tab. Length will be listed there.

1a) If you don't have the length needed for the full sized card you are not out of luck yet. The GTX 1060 is available in a short version. You have to sacrifice one of the twin fans but you are basically getting the same card.

3) Do you have an available 8-pin (or 6-pin)  PCIe power connector available? Like most good video cards this one requires its own power cable. Newegg's 'Specifications' for the card will also tell you what it needs for a power cable. It's probably an 8-pin. Probe around inside your case and see if there is a bundle of unused power wires and connectors; they might be tightly bunched up and hiding. One of them may be the needed PCIe power cable.

3a) If you have no PCIe power cable you might not be out of luck yet. There may be a different available power cable with the same voltage and ther may be an adapter cable that can turn it into a PCIe power cable. That would take a bit of homework, good luck.

4) Does your power supply have the necessary power? At least a 400 Watt power supply is recommended. A little headroom beyond that would be nice. As long as your system isn't drawing a lot of power already 400 Watts should squeak you by all right.

Installing the discrete graphics card should automatically bypass your onboard grapics chip though it's possible, but not likely,  you might have to go into BIOS and switch off the onboard graphics.

If you get that card and install it successfully you will not be disappointed.

I put together my own machines and have always tried to buy a case with enough room for a full sized video card. And I always overspend on power supplies. I want better quality, more power and more power connectors than I need.

HP Recommended

You should not try to run a GTX 1060, or any decent-sized video card, with a 150 watt power supply. You first need to answer two questions: (Your product page says you have a 180 watt PS)

1) Does your computer have a "built-in", proprietary power supply, or does it have a standard, ATX-sized power supply? If it is the latter you can replace it easily with a good quality power supply that has at least 400 watts for about fifty bucks. If it is of the built-in, proprietary type you are probably SOL and stuck with it.

2) How badly do you really want to upgrade your graphics? You may still be able to upgrade your graphics with a low-power video card that can coexist with that 150 watt (180 W?) power supply. Even a weak-sister video card may outperform the onboard graphics. Look for a DirectX 12 graphics card that has a lower power requirement. It might be a good idea to find one that is also of the "low-profile" variety. After looking at your computer specs I see that space is a major issue. Low-profile cards are sure to fit as long as they  are not too long.

After looking at pictures of your case it is possible your power supply is not of the built-in variety. It looks like it is screwed in from the back. Measure the power supply carefully and do some Googling for similar-sized power supplies. Have a look at these "Micro ATX-sized" power supplies and compare their dimensions with your power supply. Heck, your power supply might even be of the full-sized ATX power supply which would solve your problem. Here is an example of the dimensions of an ATX-sized power supply: 3.39"H x 6.30"L x 5.91"W. If that fits you can go to a more powerful video card but will still probably be restricted to low-profile cards.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007657%20600014001

Most of them seem to be of the 300 Watt variety but that should power a decent video card though not any of the better ones. In the past I have installed the Radeon HD 6570 video cards in two machines. They are good little performers, and they come in low-profile configuration. And I'm pretty sure they will be happy with a 300 watt power supply even though they recommend 400 watts as a rule. Do some Googling and you can confirm that.

As for adding an M.2 SSD, that is always one of the best upgrades you can make but it would have its greatest effect as a boot drive. That means you would have to reinstall Windows onto it which is a hassle. You will have to think about it.

HP Recommended

My ATX its 110x210

HP Recommended

BTW, are you currently plugging your monitor into the HDMI port on the back of your computer? If not, just switching from a VGA (blue plug) cable to an HDMI cable will improve your graphics appearance on your monitor screen.

If you want a significant video card upgrade you will need to upgrade the power supply first. That job is not extremely hard but experience would help. Try to find a friend who can help you. Gather complete dimensions of your existing power supply and compare to see which one fits:

Full ATX-sized poower supply: 3.35"H x 5.91"W x 5.91"L (length is variable, you'll want this shorter size)

Micro ATX-sized power supply:  3.31"H x 5.85"W x 3.98"L (these dimensions are in inches, convert for millimeters)

You should prefer at least a 400 watt powwer supply. If you can fit the full-sized PS then go for at least a 500 watt model.

Once you solve the power supply issue have a look at this video card. It is a GTX 1050 Ti and it is about 4 times more powerful than your existing onboard graphics. This is a low-profile (lower in height) card that should also be short enough for a comfortable fit. The remainng issue is this is a double-wide card like most modern video cards. That means it takes up two expansion slots on the back of your case. If you have two spaces available you need to remove both blanks to make room for the card and find the ability to screw the mounting bracket to the case. There should be some accommodation back there.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137081&ignorebbr=1

Here is another GTX 1050 Ti: (not a low-profile but it might fit OK also; measure the mounting bracket on your casae and compare it to the size of the video card's bracket to make sure)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP56T3450&ignorebbr=1

The GTX 1050 Ti cards are not as strong as the GTX 1060 cards but the advantage is they usually don't require the additional power plug connector which usually goes into the top edge of the card making it a lot taller. Taller is not a good thing for your tiny case. And like I said, the GTX 1050 Ti is still much stronger than your existing onboard graphics.

HP Recommended

I have a micro ATX

HP Recommended

"I have a micro ATX"

If you have a Micro ATX-sized power supply then here is a listing of replacements with enough power for a video card upgrade.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20600014001&IsNodeId=1&bop=An...

Pick a  300 watt (or greater) Micro ATX power supply that matches the physical size and shape of your current power supply, and pick a highly rated GTX 1050 Ti video card (MSI and EVGA are good choices). If you are not fully confident you can install these parts alone try to find someone who can help.

Alternatively, you could just go to a local computer repair shop and hire them to do the job. You should be pretty happy with the results. The 1050 Ti is about 4 times stronger than your onboard graphics. A GTX 1060 is roughly 7 times stronger but a GTX 1060 card that needs a PCIe power connector is not likely to fit in your machine; it would have to be a low profile card. Make sure to connect your monitor to the new video card with an HDMI or DVI cable; not a VGA (blue plug) cable.

HP Recommended

What super supply do you recommend me? 

HP Recommended

Go to the link I  posted  in my last messaage; it's a listing of some Micro ATX-sized power supplies. Sort by "Best Rating", check the reviews and pick one. But first you need to be positive that is what you need and want, otherwise you have to go through the hassle of returning it.

All things considered, I recommend going to a local computer shop in your neighborhood or town and talk to them. Offer to bring the computer in to them for a first hand look. It is far better if somebody with experience in these types of upgrades has at least a direct, hands-on advisory role.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.