Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-122no

I want to upgrade my graphic card and want to know if the graphic card fits and works on my pc

the card : MSI GeForce RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X OC 12 GB

my pc : OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-122no

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi

This PC shipped with a 1060 at 6.8 inches in length using one six pin PCIe connection. The 3060 requires one eight pin connection. Verify you have a six plus two pin connection or a different eight pin connection.

The 3060 is about 9.25 inches. The 3060 should fit but verify.

The 3060 requires a 550 watt or better PSU. Your PSU is 500 watts. You're cutting it close here.

Good new is your MB has a standard 24 pin power connector so you can upgrade the PSU with any retail PSU, if needed.

HP Recommended

Hey this is how it looks from the inside

20221129_144330.jpg

HP Recommended

20221129_144416.jpg

HP Recommended

20221129_144845.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the images. It looks like you have a clear path along the PCIe x16 slot closest to the CPU. Verify you have the correct length for the new graphics card.

And you have a power supply six plus two pin PCIe connector.

Try the new graphics card using the existing power supply. Any issues when gaming would require a PSU upgrade.

HP Recommended

Is there anything specific I need to think about when upgrading my PSU?

And thank you by the way

HP Recommended

Hi

Measure the existing ATX power supply. Replace with a similar sized part. You have spare space where the power supply is located. The new power supply can be a little bit longer.

You could use a modular power supply. This reduces cable clutter. You connect only needed cables to the power supply, the graphics card, the motherboard, and SATA drives.

Buy a good PSU. A poor quality power supply can take the entire PC down if it fries the system.

HP Recommended

I got a Corsair CV Series 650W with anpther graphic card now ASUS GeForce RTX 3050 8GB GDDR6 DUAL OC (LHR)

This should work I suppose?

Best regards 

HP Recommended

Hi

Yes, Corsair makes good power supplies.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.