Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TE01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I bought HP ENVY TE01-0xxx with (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz) 16GB ram and I want to upgrade to 48 GB. I checked the intel website and it says the processor supported up to 128GB ram but when I search my computer model on Google, it says it only supported up to 32 GB ram. I found one 32 GB ram on eBay but I am not sure will this ram work for my computer or not. Can anyone help me to answer my questions. 

Link for eBay ram: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32GB-DDR4-2666Mhz-Registered-DIMM-RDIMM-Memory-TSV-3DS-1S4Rx4-special-price...

Thanks, 

Nomi

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nomikazmi , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi, 

The product # is : 6YQ72AA#ABA, the name of PC is HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0034.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Nomikazmi!

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page.  Look at the section titled "Memory upgrade information" for the maximum amount and the specifications of the memory.  You have to buy memory that is DDR4-2666.  Faster memory will not work because HP doesn't add XMP's to the BIOS/UEFI.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You should run CPU-Z to get the manufacturer and timings of the current memory.  You may have to replace the existing memory if it isn't an exact match with what you choose to buy.  The motherboard has Dual-channel memory architecture which means that memory modules should be installed in matching pairs to get the best performance.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.