Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop PC 270-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 Quick questions. 1st... I have the HP Slimline Desktop PC 270-p0xx..My OS is Windows 10 (64). It says my System memory is 8GB SK Hynix 2400MHz (memory slot 1). I use my CPU for strictly music production. What's the max that I can upgrade my memory and Ram if possible and what would the cost be? 

2nd.. Currently using a USB interface. I want to upgrade to a better one but it seems like all the ones I like require firewire. Can I upgrade or add a firewire port or card on this device and how much? Sorry if these questions are basic I'm just trying to figure out how to get the max and best out of this CPU. Thanx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the product name is this :

HP Slimline 270-p043w

• Amount: 8 GB
  • Speed: PC4-19200 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2400

only 16 gb ( approve by hp )

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)
  • Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
note:
Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

Lubin motherboard specifications.
One PCI Express x16
so you can search for a compatible pci card

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
to be able to answer precisely you need the exact model of the computer
with this type of pc it will be at least 16 GB I think, so maybe more!
For the card unfortunately there is perhaps no possibility of a PCI card, you must have the PC model to find out!

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.  It says my Product name is :HP Slimline Desktop PC 270-p0xx and Product Number is :Z5N91AA#ABA

HP Recommended

the product name is this :

HP Slimline 270-p043w

• Amount: 8 GB
  • Speed: PC4-19200 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2400

only 16 gb ( approve by hp )

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)
  • Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
note:
Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

Lubin motherboard specifications.
One PCI Express x16
so you can search for a compatible pci card

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Probook x360 but i need to increase the ram memory. im not sure if the crucial 8gb ddr3 1866 sodimm (https://www.codi-tek.com/Crucial-8GB-DDR3-1866-MT-s-PC3-14900-SODIMM-204pin-CL13-P267832.html ) might be compatible or not?

is there any online resource where i can check if the memory is compatible or not?

thank you

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answers and info you gave. It led me to the right place. Now that I understand that part..I miraculously have another question about this computer lol. 1st..is this computer able to upgrade to a SSD harddrive and 2nd..you gave me info about the motherboard and I seen something about expansion slots. If I bought an upgrade or new expansions, how will it improve my computer as far as music production is concerned?

HP Recommended

@Paul_JS  I invite you to open your own discussion thread if it is not already done

@Beatologist77  the answer here being validated, and that you have other questions I also invite you to open another subject, question of clarity ..
that being said I did not quite understand what you mention here
".you gave me info about the motherboard and I seen something about expansion slots. If I bought an upgrade or new expansions, how will it improve my computer as far as music production is concerned?"
what else do you want to change?

@ I invite you to open your own discussion thread if it is not already done

@ the answer here being validated, and that you have other questions I also invite you to open another subject, question of clarity ..
that being said I did not quite understand what you mention here
".you gave me info about the motherboard and I seen something about expansion slots. If I bought an upgrade or new expansions, how will it improve my computer as far as music production is concerned?"
what else do you want to change?

Quickly, but you will have to open another thread it would be better.
The pc can not if I have seen receive another hard drive / ssd sata, unless you delete the dvd player to free the sata port!
otherwise I see that there is a m2 SSd port, can be complicated to find a compatible model!
As for the audio use, you should know what you use as software the necessary configuration.
but with this pc there is not much to do ..
There is a 16x pci port adding a graphics card, may be unnecessary, however you may be able to install a good sound card.
For the rest not much possible ..
you have an i3 7100, maybe it is enough ..
There are forums specialized in audio creation, you can ask them for advice, there I could only recommend a few things to you, but I am not in this field.
I just know that we can have problems, if the audio card is not very good, and if the memory is insufficient.
An ssd can be a good improvement in any case!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I would like to know what and how much memory can I increase. My model is Product number: 6RK92EA#ABE and Serial number: [edit]. 

Currently I have 8GB   (8GB Samsung 2666MHz) in Slot 1

Thank you in advance for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.