Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro3500 G2 MT PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing windows 10 64 bit 1909, we are unable to install intel Hd graphic driver. This driver was working fine with window 10-1809 build. We checked all available drivers but non of them supporting with this pc for core i3 models hp desktops.

While installing the driver it says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software"

We have almost 500 PCS and we can not find the driver for this model (HP Pro3500 G2 MT PC). On HP drivers database it doesn't exists for windows 10 but i was using windows 8 version for windows 10 build 1809 and previous builds also but for windows 10 64bit 1909 it is completely not working.

We are really stuck; like in a middle of sea.

Any help? would be really appreciative!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You followed my instructions verbatim?

You would manually update from the Microsoft basic display adapter.

You do not unzip and run the driver.

The graphics driver indicates that the i3-3240 is supported by the driver.

If you tried this and it didn't work, the only other suggestion I can offer would be to try it with the old graphics driver on your PC's support page.

You would have to do it slightly different.   Run the driver below...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66257.exe

Close out of any error windows.

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the display adapters device manager category. 

Click on the Microsoft Basic display adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp66257\Graphics\59044 (setup information file), click Next and see if the driver installs that way.

If it does, restart the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...try manually installing the latest W10 graphics driver.

First, create a system restore point so that you can roll back to the current graphics driver you have installed, just in case the updated driver does not work to your expectations.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027538/windows-create-a-system-restore-point

Next, download and save the latest Intel HD 64 bit graphics driver ZIP file from the link below (2nd one down on the left).

This is the latest driver as of March 25, 2020:   15.33.50.5129

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29473/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=656...

Unzip the graphics driver file to its folder. Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

To unzip the file, right click on the graphics driver zip file you downloaded, and select Extract All.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to the unzipped graphics driver folder>Graphics>igdlh64 (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

Be patient, as it can take a few minutes for the driver to completely install.

When the installation is finished, restart the PC.

To update the Intel HDMI audio driver to the latest version, go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD audio device listed there.   Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the unzipped Intel graphics driver main folder.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver will install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately this didn't work. I already tried it before by unziping and installing the same driver. It says the best driver is already installed and that is Microsoft basic display driver. This driver doesn't work with intel i3 porcessors for hp  hp pro 3500  and 3330 models (we have 500 machines) )with window 10-1909 build. this driver works fine with windows 10 older builds upto 1809.

Any other solution that i can try please let me know.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You followed my instructions verbatim?

You would manually update from the Microsoft basic display adapter.

You do not unzip and run the driver.

The graphics driver indicates that the i3-3240 is supported by the driver.

If you tried this and it didn't work, the only other suggestion I can offer would be to try it with the old graphics driver on your PC's support page.

You would have to do it slightly different.   Run the driver below...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66257.exe

Close out of any error windows.

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the display adapters device manager category. 

Click on the Microsoft Basic display adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Click on Have disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp66257\Graphics\59044 (setup information file), click Next and see if the driver installs that way.

If it does, restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks for your support. 

The above solution worked. 

Appreciate.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know why the driver isn't working.

I would have expected either the new W10 driver or the old W8.1 driver to work.

I would normally recommend buying cheap graphics cards such as the Radeon HD 6450 to get around the problem, but when you have 500 PC's that have the issue, that would not be feasible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.