Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-430qe K6V72AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know I'm at least 10 years late to the light scribe party, and I know I can get external optical drives. But is someone able to verify hp 504941-004 would be compatible with my desk top? It's listed for Envy Phoenix H9 among others. Are there better internal recommendations? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I'll update this post in case somebody needs the info. Doubtful, but you never know :). 504941-004 does indeed work. $70 used, cables and drive fit perfect.  A all in one, R/W CD, DVD, BluRay and Light scribe.  I know you can get the same drive external, but I really like the fact it fits the case and keeps the desk area cleaner. One less thing plugged in. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Phoenix15A , welcome to the Community.

@Phoenix15A wrote:

I know I'm at least 10 years late to the light scribe party, and I know I can get external optical drives. But is someone able to verify hp 504941-004 would be compatible with my desk top? It's listed for Envy Phoenix H9 among others. Are there better internal recommendations? Thanks.

This is a difficult question to answer.  Here are all of the components to your computer on HP PartSurfer:https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=K6V72AV

It lists two different DVD drives: 504941-700 and 575781-801.  I ran a search for both and compared them to the one that you listed.  I can't tell if the connectors are the same.  They are all 5.25" drives.  HP has their cases made differently for their models.  The H9 series may be completely different than the 810 series.  This would cause problems with the mounting and the connectors.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I've downloaded the upgrade manual for both. Guess what? As far as the optical drive section goes they are the same. The manual pictures match my desk top. One cable part number matches both computers, the other cable, mine is a angle, the h9 is straight. As far as I can tell the pin count is the same. I think I will try it. If it doesn't work I'm out $70. I'll let you know. Thanks for your reply.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Phoenix15A!  I hope it works for you.

Good luck!!

HP Recommended

So I'll update this post in case somebody needs the info. Doubtful, but you never know :). 504941-004 does indeed work. $70 used, cables and drive fit perfect.  A all in one, R/W CD, DVD, BluRay and Light scribe.  I know you can get the same drive external, but I really like the fact it fits the case and keeps the desk area cleaner. One less thing plugged in. 

HP Recommended

@Phoenix15A, thank you for the update!  I am certain that someone will be helped by the information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.