Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 595-p0039c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop HP 595-p0039c -- comes with internal 16Gig SSD

System Froze and never came back. Had to reinstall Win 10. Installation seems to be fine and it works, however, SSD is missing!!!

SSD shows up in BIOS but not in disk partition app. 

Any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@isambi 

16 and 32 GB devices are used as Optane Memory.

What is Optane      How to set it up      HP Agent take on Optane

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@isambi 

16 and 32 GB devices are used as Optane Memory.

What is Optane      How to set it up      HP Agent take on Optane

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks Wb2001 for reply. I read the links you sent and thought of using IntelRST program. Downloaded and tried to install it and it came up with warning that it will install the drivers for the drives. Got scared and stopped it! I have already lost lot of time recovering from frozen system and I didn't want to take a chance with these drivers.  Is there another way to  confirm that the 16G Optane is being used?

HP Recommended

@isambi,

I do understand your caution, but you need to read the installation again.  It has to be setup to both drives.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Found it. In Device Manager, under Disk Drives - it shows Intel Optane + <HDD>

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.