Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-P056na Intel i5-7400

Hello Someone (Kevin) asked the question below a while ago:

Re: my HP Pavilion 570 Desktop PC, Intel Core i5-7400, 8GB RAM, 2TB, AMD Radeon R5 435.

The small cooling fan on the R5 is making a heck of a racket and even after lubricating appears
to be on the way out. I understand that this card is no longer available so can you advise if an
Asus r7240-o4gd5-l Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card – Radeon R7 240 Graphics Card
(4GB, GDDR5, 128 Bit, 1920 x 1200 pixels; 

I have the same problem with my PC

Was is confirmed that using the component below worked ok??

AMD Radeon R7 240 2 GB GDDR5

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would imagine the AMD R7-240 would work in your PC.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 MT PC with an Intel 7th gen core processor (i7-7700), and it came with an optional AMD R7-450 graphics card from the factory.

What surprised me was this card which draws 65 watts, was an optional card on that PC which only has a 240W power supply.

You may want to even consider getting the slightly better AMD R7-450 as well.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

Will get one ordered.

Regards

Andrew

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Andrew.

Please post back and let us know how your PC's video card upgrade project went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.