Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 AiO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello everybody,

I have a strange issue with USB3 on this computer only: when I copy files to my USB3 flash disk transfer speed locks at around 25Mb/s.

I am using the fastest USB3 flash disk available "Sandisk Extreme USB3 64GB"

Even when I use the fastest USB2 flash disk "ADATA Professional Series PD7 Turbo Speed USB 2.0 flash disk" it locks around 18MB/s.

• Tests done copying 1 file around 5/10Gb
  • There are no updated drivers.
  • There are no USB2 devices pluged on the computer
  • Tests done on all USB3 ports of the computer
  • Flash disks working at max speed on other devices

This happens only on this computer, my flash disks always work at max speed on my other computers/tablets/macs and I haven't found a solution up to now for this computer.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FastBoot is hibernation in disguise really. Windows - or some drivers- have never been good at handling it or sleep modes well really - even my work Surface Laptop used to crash every now and then (live kernel events cropping up when woken up).

So it's best to have it disabled, especially on a stationary PC, so everytime you shut PC down and power it up, it always does it afresh.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

@Jomanlo,

There are only 2 USB3.0 ports.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

You are not right, there are 4 USB-3 Ports:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/compaq-elite-8300-all-in-one-us...

Your answer is not really helpful :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for this utilily :clap:

In fact when I plug something in the USB3.0 ports it is recognized as "connected to USB2.0 port".

I don't know why as USB3.0  is present, as confirmed in the picture enclosed.

My USB3.0 Key in recognized as H: on USB2.0usb3.jpg

Anyone has a solution how to solve this issue :Crying:

HP Recommended

@Jomanlo,

The spec page I found only listed 2 USB3.0 ports. Sorry about that.

Have you checked the speed of all 4 ports?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Yes, I already wrote it in my post

• Tests done on all USB3 ports of the computer
HP Recommended

Nodoby is able to give me support on this issue ? :Sleep:

HP Recommended

Might be a moot question, but hey: do you have the latest Intel chipset drivers installed?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/1145/Intel-Chipset-Software-Installation-Utility

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your message, yes I have all the latest drivers and also the latest BIOS firware :indifferent:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.