Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24-G214
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,  I just purchased this computer on 5/15.  As it's past the two weeks, I cannot return this product.  I noticed when I first booted it up, I got a keyboard error.  But, that went away and everything worked fine until this morning.  I got that keyboard error again, but this time I was unable to use my mouse or my keyboard. 

I've searched all over and cannnot find where the wireless USB dongle is to even check that. 

After spending almost 800 dollars on this PC, I would expect that things would work longer than 15 days.  I've always bought HP in the past and I'm extremely disappointed in this product so far. 

I hope not to hear "Replace keyboard and mouse" as a response on a product that is this new.

Thanks for your help. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Becki67,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the keyboard and mouse are not working and you are getting a keyboard error on your computer screen, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

How far is the keyboard placed from your computer screen?

Based on the specifications of your computer, I understand that the computer is inbuilt with the keyboard and mouse receiver. 

Please do a hard reset on your computer. 

Disconnect all the cable from the computer. (including power.)

Wait for a minute. 

Connect only the power cable to the computer.

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping ESC repeatedly on startup to get the Startup Menu. 

Once you get the startup menu, enter BIOS and do a BIOS defaults, save and exit BIOS. 

This should resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please do a hard reset again and use a USB keyboard to enter BIOS and reset BIOS to defaults. 

Refer to page number 19 in the user manual for other troubleshooting steps. Click here for the user manual.

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, That solution didn't work.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Would it be possible to share a screenshot of the error you are receiving? Are you able to boot the computer to BIOS by using a USB keyboard? 

If you are unable to boot the computer to BIOS using a USB keyboard as well, request you contact our phone support for the service options. 

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to hook up another keyboard and set the BIO to default.  That didn't work.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and performing the steps suggested. Request you boot the computer to the desktop. Reseat the batteries on the keyboard and mouse or try a new set of batteries and check. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available.

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.