Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All in One P1K69EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to buy a new keyboard for my all in one but I am not sure how I identify which HP wireless products are compatible with my machine.  Are all wireless products compatible with all desktops?  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
As long as the interface matches, you can basically use it.
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks so much for your reply.  I'm not technical minded so I don't know what you mean by "interface".  Can you help further?

HP Recommended

If you are using a USB external keyboard, you can use it as long as the USB interface is suitable.

HP Recommended

I don't know how to identify what USB interface is suitable though.  I want to buy a keyboard with a bluetooth USB that then wirelessly connects my keyboard to my computer.  How do I know, when finding a keyboard to buy, which USB interface will be compatible to my computer?

HP Recommended

Hi

you have to make a choice!

HP Pavilion 23-b335el All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications
from what we can see, it was a wired keypad, right?
Your computer must have Bluetooth:

Bluetooth support: Bluetooth 4.0

therefore, you can install a Bluetooth compatible keyboard!
You have  usb port, so you can install a wireless keyboard with usb receiver (it is different from Bluetooth)

There is hardly any incompatibility for a keyboard.
You just have to choose according to preference, price, what suits you best

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks so much for your reply.

My all in one has always supported a wireless keyboard because that's what was supplied with it when I first bought it.    However, I did not understand that "wireless" and "bluetooth" are different things.  This is why I've repeatedly needed explanations because I don't understand terms such as "interface" etc.  So I'm very grateful to you for your patience and offering to help me further!

In the back of the unit, there was already installed what I think, after reading your message, is a USB receiver.  So I will choose one similar after your reassurances about compatibility.

Thanks again for explaining things to my understanding.  I am very grateful 😊

HP Recommended

you're welcome

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.