Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
all in one 24-f0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A month ago, I purchased this keyboard. However, there are several issues. Sometimes, one of the keys get stuck. As result, the same letter appears over and over again, or, when it is the backspace that gets stuck, the entire text gets removed. Other moments, keys don't respond. Despite having done research I don't know how to solve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mammavanvijf

I understand you are in need of support, As you've performed relelaven troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mammavanvijf

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried with an alternate keyboard?
  • Is there any physical damage on the keyboard?

While you respond to that, let's try on-screen keyboard options in order to isolate the issue. 

1. Click the "Start" button. Then select Control Panel from the right side of the Start menu.
  2. Click Classic View. ...
  3. Click "Start On-Screen Keyboard." ...
  4. Click the Ease of Access window to bring it to the foreground. ...
  5. Click "Use On-Screen Keyboard" to launch the virtual keyboard every time the computer starts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I bought the 3 in 1 computer only one month ago. I tried to use an alternate keyboard, but some letters didn't respond at all. There alllllllllllllllllllllllso (oops there we go again, my bad, the backspace seemingly doesn't work as well) is no physical damage on the keyboard (yet, since it seriously infuriates me and my children). 

The screen keyboard isn't practical to me in any way, since I prefer to type utterly quick instead of slow. I thank you for your help. 

Kind regards,

Mammavanvijf (and an angry son)

HP Recommended

@Mammavanvijf

I understand you are in need of support, As you've performed relelaven troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Maybe this is too simple, but have you tried to take the keys off and see if there is damage under the keys? I've had keyboards have the issues that you describe, and there was some debris underneath and needed a cleaning. I know yours is new, but there could be something under there.

(Also this was hard to type as i can't disable my touch pad, and it is insanely sensitive and haven't been able to find any help on support LOL)

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I hope you must have called hp support team.  The keyboard / computer could be picked up for repair and then sent back to you.  Please contact them and your computer will be good to go. 

Regards,

Ashok ... HP..always working
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.