Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Camphor2 (767104-601)

I see the knowledge base motherboard specs for the Camphor 2. There is some info missing though. Next to the yellow connector there are two 10 pin connectors labels "USB1" and "USB2". There is no information on these under " I/O Ports and internal connectors / Internal Connectors". I would like to know: (1) What speed are these ports? Are the USB 3.0? (2) What is the pin out for them.Thanks you.  Also while I'm here, what does "FDO" refer to? Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
you do not say if the motherboard is installed in its case ?

if we look at the motherboard alone, it is mentioned

Camphor2 motherboard specifications.

Camphor2 back I/O ports

4 USB 3.0: 2
5 USB 2.0: 2
it is directly on the motherboard, so there would be two left ..

We also have a previous model i think

Motherboard Specifications (Camphor)

c03785876

Camphor2 motherboard

Internal Connectors

• 1x Front Audio
  • 1x ONE TOUCH RESET
  • 1x System FAN
  • 1x WLAN Power LED
  • 2x Dual-USB 2.0

therefore, if there are only two free connectors, as can be seen for example on this model, it should be the two ports on the front

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04501262

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@qcarver , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

Here is an explanation of FDO:

"The Flash Descriptor Override (FDO) jumper allows for the updating on the Intel Management Engine. I see it as a precautionary step to prevent unintentional or unauthorized updating of the Intel ME firmware. Typically the Windows OS Intel ME update will also be needed."

I don't believe that the average user will ever need it.  I have been computing for 30+ years and didn't know how to use it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello
you do not say if the motherboard is installed in its case ?

if we look at the motherboard alone, it is mentioned

Camphor2 motherboard specifications.

Camphor2 back I/O ports

4 USB 3.0: 2
5 USB 2.0: 2
it is directly on the motherboard, so there would be two left ..

We also have a previous model i think

Motherboard Specifications (Camphor)

c03785876

Camphor2 motherboard

Internal Connectors

• 1x Front Audio
  • 1x ONE TOUCH RESET
  • 1x System FAN
  • 1x WLAN Power LED
  • 2x Dual-USB 2.0

therefore, if there are only two free connectors, as can be seen for example on this model, it should be the two ports on the front

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04501262

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks Again, a follow up question if I may:

In response to your earlier question, I do have "just" the motherboard, which I purcahsed alone.

I was able to hook up the two buttons and leds from the front panel connector (works great now thanks), but am having trouble with the internal usb and front panel audio connections.

For starters, the USB connector is atypical. It's a 12 pin jack wherein pins 9 and 10 are removed. I don't think this is industry standard. Using a volt meter I see that the following pins are straight shorts to each other {(1,2),(7,8) and (11,12)}. Furthermore both pins (1,2) and pins (11,12) are 5 Volt wrt pins (7,8) which are ground. Initially I guess that the wiring for a USB port would be pin1:5v, pin3:D-, pin5: D+, and pin7: Gnd. What I'm seeing is that if I connect a USB thumb drive the system goes dead (excessive current between 5v and Gnd). If I put in a 2K resistor in line with the 5v pin, the system doesn't go dead, but it doesn't see the thumb drive either.

Secondly, my front panel audio looks connected correctly (note there is only 1 gnd pin for speakers and mic so I share the shells of both to it) but I don't hear any sound and can't record a mic when the system is on.

My question: Is there some special resistor or jumper or bios setting or something I need to do if I am going to use the front panel USB and audio connectors? Just wiring it up doesn't seem to be enough.

Thanks,

QC

HP Recommended

I advise you to open a new thread specifying everything you need
HP motherboards are specific in general
A motherboard is designed for some type of HP case with its own connectors etc.
So you will have to indicate what you have as box, connectors etc.
Unfortunately I don't think I can help you with this problem!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.