Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to upgrade my memory because I heard AMD APUs work great with fast memory.  So I checked the motherboard specs for my M01-F0016 and purchased G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 16GB.

I installed the memory and went to set the speed in the bios, but I found out HP doesn't allow that.  Someone on the board suggested AMD Ryzen Master to OC the memory, but I'm reading a lot of horror stories of people bricking their PCs with that software.  

Any other suggestions?  The memory is operating at 2133 MHz right now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

it is originally written:

8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

and possible:

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)
  • Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
    note:
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

only, this usually requires the use of HP memory modules
There is no option in the bios, and indeed apart from what has already been proposed, either you try or you change memory modules

namely that "it is necessary to avoid mixing the HP modules and other ..
Sometimes you have to change everything at the same time

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-on-Erica-Motherboard/...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

it is originally written:

8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

and possible:

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)
  • Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
    note:
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

only, this usually requires the use of HP memory modules
There is no option in the bios, and indeed apart from what has already been proposed, either you try or you change memory modules

namely that "it is necessary to avoid mixing the HP modules and other ..
Sometimes you have to change everything at the same time

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-on-Erica-Motherboard/...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thank you.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.