Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 880-000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I started my PC this morning, the windows started loading and after a few seconds the monitor went to power save mode, no error messages or anything else.

I restarted the monitor and nothing changed and then I shut down/restarted the PC twice and the same thing happened.

Then I put the cable in the other DVI socket and it works fine.

It's been 3 months since I bought this computer, I haven't changed anything after the first day and until yesterday it's been working perfectly fine.

I had the same experience some years ago with an older computer of mine and I wonder if this has anything to do with the way I use it (play games, use ms office, check my emails, social media nothing else) or it's the graphic card's problem.

I would appreciate any advice or solution.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Ilias Zouvelos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Chainsmaster

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the monitor is going into power saving mode when powered on,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to check if the monitor works on the BIOS screen?

Was any BIOS or Windows update installed on your device before the issue occurred?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

In case an item was changed in the BIOS, such as the primary monitor device setting, use the following steps to reset the BIOS back to its default configuration:

You can use these steps even though you will not be able to see anything on the monitor.

1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key for eight seconds.

2. Press the Down arrow three times.

3. Press the Enter key two times.

4. The computer restarts.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Chainsmaster

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the monitor is going into power saving mode when powered on,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to check if the monitor works on the BIOS screen?

Was any BIOS or Windows update installed on your device before the issue occurred?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

In case an item was changed in the BIOS, such as the primary monitor device setting, use the following steps to reset the BIOS back to its default configuration:

You can use these steps even though you will not be able to see anything on the monitor.

1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key for eight seconds.

2. Press the Down arrow three times.

3. Press the Enter key two times.

4. The computer restarts.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had the same problem with the other socket as well. Then I realised that both times I had played a specific game and there must have been a problem with the games resolution because both times after I finished the game the screen went black for a few seconds and then all the windows that were open were minimised but everything else was fine. So (the second time/socket) when I restarted the computer I had the same problem, then I disconnected the DVI cable waited for a few seconds and connected it again and now both of them work fine. The first time that it worked again though, the maximised windows had a tiny vertical line - gap on the sides but now everything is fine.

I am sorry for any incovenience, I tried the same thing the first time but nothing happened.

Thank you again for your time.

Kind regards,

Ilias Zouvelos

HP Recommended

@Chainsmaster

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions and also, about what helped your cause 😉

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.