Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Odense2-S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I currently have a Odense2-S motherboard and I would like to fit a PCIE Wireless card to it (https://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC56 to be specific). I do not know if it would be compatible with it and would like to know. Also if it is compatible, what should I do about the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 M.2 card that is already fitted? 

Thanks in advance, Frank 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @FRANKADAMS1!

Yes, the Wireless adapter should be compatible with your motherboard.  There is one PCI Express (Gen. 3) x1 slot on the motherboard.  The adapter doesn't state the generation, but should be backward compatible if it is not Gen. 3.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FRANKADAMS1 , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

Once I have this information, I will be able to tell you if it is compatible.  If so, you can simply remove the current adapter from the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hello, the product number is 2BV30EA#ABU, Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @FRANKADAMS1!

Yes, the Wireless adapter should be compatible with your motherboard.  There is one PCI Express (Gen. 3) x1 slot on the motherboard.  The adapter doesn't state the generation, but should be backward compatible if it is not Gen. 3.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.