Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey guys im new here and i need help.

I have a HP desktop computer and i used to have a msi graphic card working well untill a week ago. It just stop working. At first i thought the card died so i took it out and the computer worked again (so with the graphic card the screen sais no signal whenever i plus the screen on the graphic card or on the motherboard's embed graphic card. But when i remove the graphic card everything works fine)
So this week i decided to get a new graphic card so i ordered an asus rog geforce gti 1050. But before i do anything with it i reseted the computer to factory settings so the computer is like a bramd new one. So i plugged the new card and ... same problem nothing shows up on the screen. Check on the internet and youtube people were talking about desable the secure boot but when i follow the same step i get everything but the UEFI option that i need to disable the secure boot.
So after several hours trying to get it work i finally manage to turn the computer on with the card plugged in but the screen stays on the hp logo and won't move anymore. I've seen some answers on the same topic on this hp forum but nothing worked for me so here i am making a new post maybe now there is a easier way to solve the problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Youngh237,

It is circa 2011. It is not capable of UEFI vBIOS, nor UEFI cards.

The best choice is an EVGA GTX 660 and Corsair CX600 PSU.

But the processor chip, CPU is a lowly I7-2600, by today's standard.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Youngh237,

Because you did not mention the model of this computer,  my reply will be somewhat as vague.

If the original OS was WIN 7, then the computer is likely Legacy BIOS.  It does not have UEFI.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
Hi thanks for your answer been reading this kind of answers on older posts about the os if it was windows 7 or not. To be honest i have no idea because i bought the computer from someome else a year ago with windows 10 already installed.
Here are the infos about the computer if it can help
i7 2600 cpu @ 3.40ghz
3400mhz
10gb ddr4 (i think cause im at work now and not infront of the computer anymore)
And this is the graphic card i bought
Here is a great deal on the ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1050 Ti STRIX-GTX1050TI-O4G-GAMING 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card , http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-126-171
I found.
HP Recommended

@Youngh237,

Who manufactured this unit.  What is the HP model number, or Product number (on label).

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended
Product name is h8-1050
HP Recommended

@Youngh237,

It is circa 2011. It is not capable of UEFI vBIOS, nor UEFI cards.

The best choice is an EVGA GTX 660 and Corsair CX600 PSU.

But the processor chip, CPU is a lowly I7-2600, by today's standard.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended
Is there a way for me to just change the motherboard to a recent one compatible with my devices?
HP Recommended
Thanks alot @wb2001 for your help. I'll see what i can do from now.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.