Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2710m monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Once I updated to the latest version of Windows, my HP monitor does not size well.  I can't get my laptop to project to the HP monitor and fit on the screen

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Steveb14

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you getting error message or code? 
  • Have you tried updating the system drivers and software?
  • Have you tried changing the display resolution settings?

Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this problem right now and don't find "adjust screen resolution" step in your directions. My monitor is not being recognized but was fine for a few weeks on this new HP pc.  Its an old 2710m.  Under device manager it says Generic PnP and i cannot find the driver for this HP 2710m monitor anywhere. Please help

HP Recommended

@Jay_11

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the operating system?

To get the answer to this question, if you're using Windows 10 OS then it's not supported and drivers available only for Windows 7 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Value-27-inch-Displays/3989902/model/4084743 for windows 7 drivers.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.