Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN PC 30L GT13 - 000i
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, there seem to be a problem with my OMEN PC.

Often it works fine. But sometimes I start my pc it wont start propperly.

When this happens it runs but there is black screen (the screen shows its has no connection) and the keyboard has no connection as-well. But the pc shows the OMEN light (white light) and I can hear it well... tries to run normal. Its thinking maybe.. I wait a miniute and then I hold the turn off button so it turns off. If I do not hold it like 20 sec or something the pc turns itself on again. Anyways if I do this or that, the pc just turns back on and still black screen and no connection to the devices or screen's. Than I cut the power and turn it back on, and off.. And on.... And at the end (finally) it turns on, I get text there it says something about my BIOS error CMOS something 502. 

And after that it restarts and turns on normally. 

But now todday it actully just turned off while I was on the pc playing a game. Its like the power gets cut off. (struck by lightning or something) the same sound... And it started all again..

This is happening too often and I cant figure out were the problem is.

I bought this pc like 2-3 mounth's ago and am pritty sure I have not done anything that should make this happen. 

If thats the case. I can only think of one thing. Might it be that I have too many devices connected to my computer?

I got:

- Razer mouse

- G19 Keyboard

- Warthog Joystick

- Warthog Thruster

- Warthog Rudder Pedals

- Headset (AUX)

- Wireless Mobilephone charger.

- HTC Vive (VR)

- 2 monitors.

And yes I have only 1 USB that now is not in use (front).

Regards and thanks for all the help I can get in advance!

Sorry for bad English (Norwegian)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Papagon2 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  There are numerous models in the 000i series.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello (236B0AV) is the rest of the product numbers.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Papagon2!  However, I would appreciate it if you could find the full model number.  The Product Number that you provided gives me several models in the series: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000i/33492325/model/2100381720/produc...

In the link click "Product Information/Product Specifications to see the list of models.

I believe that you may have failing power supply unit (PSU).  I have seen similar symptoms in the past that lead to the result that the PSU was failing.

HP Recommended

Here it says:

OMEN Desktop PC 30L GT13-0000i (236B0AV)

Product Number: 2Q5P7EA#UUW

HP Recommended

@Papagon2

I was able to find the Model # by using the Product Number that you provided on HP PartSurfer; GT13-0839no

Since your computer is under warranty, I suggest that you contact HP Customer Support for help.  I do believe that it is a failing PSU.  If not, they will help you find the problem.

HP Recommended

arent this HP support? if not what or were to contact them?

HP Recommended

@Papagon2 

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.  You will have to contact HP Customer Support: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

HP Recommended

Hello, Again think I found the reason.

sometimes my CPU is up to 92*C . So I think it might get over its safty temp. 

That might be the reason why it turns itself off now and then?

EDITED!

It is most likley not the CPU afterall..... It just happend to me again and this time it was only on 80*C. 

I tried what HP asked me to do..

Hold down Widows key and B. That made it go for HP BIOS Update recovery.. But did not seem to help.

After it was finished I got a code "BIOS recovery (500)" than I got "CMOS error (502).

My friends says it might be the Battery that is in the Motherboard. or it might be PSU problem. 

Might 750W PSU be to small for an RTX 3090?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Papagon2!

The maximum temperature for the CPU is 100C.  So, 92F would be a bit high,but the 80C is fine.  You can try replacing the CMOS battery.  The PSU should be fine with your 3090.  HP engineers their components to work in a specific configuration.

Again, I don't want to see you fight a computer that is not working properly.  If it is still under warranty you should contact HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.